Sign in to follow this  
Ice bowl 67

Prediction for the Bills this season

6 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I'm with Adam. All I know is we're a threat. How big of a threat ? We'll see but that defense is going to be dominant and I fully believe Allen is the real deal and will provide a potentially explosive O.

As a retro game collector i really dig that backdrop, and his opinion.

I'm going with 10-6, we split with the Pats this year.

I had us down for 10 or 11 wins but it's all dependant on having a relatively healthy o line. If it ends up as a patchwork unit then I think that run in of tough games will kill us 

If the O LIne is a mess, you can kiss the playoffs good bye right now.   I did not know Morse's extensive injury and especially concussion history.  If he and other O Line starters go down for extended periods , then the whole off season FA goodwork is lost and so is the season.  Unless you have a HOF QB, a team in today'sNFL cannot survive its O Line being decimated by injury. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

If the O LIne is a mess, you can kiss the playoffs good bye right now.   I did not know Morse's extensive injury and especially concussion history.  If he and other O Line starters go down for extended periods , then the whole off season FA goodwork is lost and so is the season.  Unless you have a HOF QB, a team in today'sNFL cannot survive its O Line being decimated by injury. 

Sad but true. Will be the difference between 6-10 and 10-6.

8 hours ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

You guys beat our 2014 team which IMO was the best team in football that year. You finished 9-7 that year. The Bills always play tough no matter if they are 0-16 or 16-0. 

Umm...GB shut us out last year. Under this coach we are -164 point differential. Bills used to play nearly every game tough/close. Now we get blown out in about 1/4 of our games.

10 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I'm with Adam. All I know is we're a threat. How big of a threat ? We'll see but that defense is going to be dominant and I fully believe Allen is the real deal and will provide a potentially explosive O.

I think the Browns will implode.  Usually, a team with a ton of talent can't be managed the right way.

8 hours ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

You guys beat our 2014 team which IMO was the best team in football that year. You finished 9-7 that year. The Bills always play tough no matter if they are 0-16 or 16-0. 

No

Bills don't always play tough

That's actually been a problem under McDermott - alternating "tough" and "blowout". 

5 blowouts last year (I define as more than 2 TD differential), not counting a late season Pats game we were never in.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No

Bills don't always play tough

That's actually been a problem under McDermott - alternating "tough" and "blowout". 

5 blowouts last year (I define as more than 2 TD differential), not counting a late season Pats game we were never in.

Defense had us in the NE* game through 3 quarters. Offense never showed up. The Swan Song of Derek Andersons’ illuminous career.

17 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Defense had us in the NE* game through 3 quarters. Offense never showed up. The Swan Song of Derek Andersons’ illuminous career.

I meant the 2nd NE game, Allen QB'd.  And you do have a point on the D in that game too, got 2 picks off Brady, sacked him, held him to 117 net passing yards.

Our offense was there, but not as effective as it needed to be.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

We have a brutal schedule. 8 or 9 wins at best here.

What does the Packers schedule have to do with us.😎

The D is good.  the ST are a question mark, new coach, but a point of emphasis.  The O...well, better players in various positions, but lots of injuries.  Second year for B Daboll, and he will design to beat the opposition D and make best use of J Allens talents.  I look for the record to be better....not sure I can think my way to 9-7, but less than 8-8 would be a disappointment.  So, I am going w 8-8......QED

Bills, in the hunt, win 4 out of last 5 to get in, starting with a big win on thanksgiving day. 

The Bills run defense had better be improved. Several backs did some good Barry Sanders imitations against them last year.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

We haven't seen how much progress Allen has made. Many of the FA's we signed were just backup caliber players that they are hoping will turn out better like Nsekhe, Feliciano and Long. I'm still concerned about that OL and won't really know what to expect there until guys get back healthy. It could take a while for this team to gel. 7-9 or 8-8.

1 more prediction: Ed Oliver will be the best player in this draft class and will play well right out of the gate, unlike Darius who took years to develop and then turned lazy again.

If Edmunds can make the leap to year 2 along with progress from T Murphy and Oliver playing well, we could be pretty tough to run against for the 1st time in a long while.

Edited by GreggTX

14 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

The Bills run defense had better be improved. Several backs did some good Barry Sanders imitations against them last year.

And it doesn't get any better as we'll be trying to stop Hunt, Bell, (twice), Elliott and Barkley. Those may be the 4 best RB's in the NFL right now.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

And it doesn't get any better as we'll be trying to stop Hunt, Bell, (twice), Elliott and Barkley. Those may be the 4 best RB's in the NFL right now.

Yeah...what a test!  A murderers row of backs with various talents. At least we know who the heck they are.

Edited by Rocket94

If Allen is a long-term solution, 10-6.

If not, 6-10. 

Although the Bills performed quite nicely with Barkley in his start.

All of the other personnel is secondary in importance.