Prediction for the Bills this season

The D is good.  the ST are a question mark, new coach, but a point of emphasis.  The O...well, better players in various positions, but lots of injuries.  Second year for B Daboll, and he will design to beat the opposition D and make best use of J Allens talents.  I look for the record to be better....not sure I can think my way to 9-7, but less than 8-8 would be a disappointment.  So, I am going w 8-8......QED

We haven't seen how much progress Allen has made. Many of the FA's we signed were just backup caliber players that they are hoping will turn out better like Nsekhe, Feliciano and Long. I'm still concerned about that OL and won't really know what to expect there until guys get back healthy. It could take a while for this team to gel. 7-9 or 8-8.

1 more prediction: Ed Oliver will be the best player in this draft class and will play well right out of the gate, unlike Darius who took years to develop and then turned lazy again.

If Edmunds can make the leap to year 2 along with progress from T Murphy and Oliver playing well, we could be pretty tough to run against for the 1st time in a long while.

Edited by GreggTX

14 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

The Bills run defense had better be improved. Several backs did some good Barry Sanders imitations against them last year.

And it doesn't get any better as we'll be trying to stop Hunt, Bell, (twice), Elliott and Barkley. Those may be the 4 best RB's in the NFL right now.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

And it doesn't get any better as we'll be trying to stop Hunt, Bell, (twice), Elliott and Barkley. Those may be the 4 best RB's in the NFL right now.

Yeah...what a test!  A murderers row of backs with various talents. At least we know who the heck they are.

Edited by Rocket94

I won't ever say 9-7. I hate the record. It's like the beautiful cheerleader coming up to talk to you. Yeah she might want to date you (Bills make playoffs), but most likely she only wants you to do her homework for her. Is that the definition of a defeatist attitude?

I can't say 10-6 I just don't have the faith yet. So...

8-8

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I am going to run with 8-8. I wanted to go higher but I just can't with the possible OL problems.

If the OL is healthy I might go as high as 11-5. It matters just that much imo.

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I put money on the Bills winning the division. I also took under 11 wins for the Pats.

What odds?

On 8/5/2019 at 6:23 PM, Ice bowl 67 said:

What's the forecast for you all this year? Are you thinking playoffs?

10-12 wins.  Range depends on just how big of a step Josh takes.  We have the schedule to pull off 12 wins if Josh has a strong coming out season.  But even a decent to solid season by Josh should get us to 10 wins because of all the other improvements we made on D and in the run game.

Playoffs.  I mean if we can just get the same Josh we had the last 6 games of the year, then we are already a team who should make the playoffs between all the other upgrades and our decent schedule.  Of course, I (and most of all of us) fully expect Josh to be even better this year than he was those final 6 games, which in my mind leads to my next prediction...

At least 1 playoff win.  Between Josh having a year to get better, all the additions on both sides of the ball, but especially the trenches, and having better weapons to trust and work with on offense...I expect to not only make the playoffs but also win at least 1 game.

These are my honest thoughts on this season.  I also wont freak out if things start slower between all the new additions maybe not gelling fast enough and we fall a little short of my expectations above.  What will matter most to me THIS year is the final 8 games and how we finish.  So if we start slow and end strong and finish 8-8 I will feel good about the season for instance and look at 2020 as our year to enter as a contender.  But like I said, I do think we will enter that conversation this year because I believe in our coaching staff a lot and think they will get these guys ready faster than most staff's could.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Rocket94 said:

The Bills are getting close. As far as playoffs are concerned, if not this year then 2020 for damn sure. 

If Allen can play, the Bills can be extremely dangerous in 2020. There are a slew of tremendous receivers who will probably come out next year. I'm not sure if I can recall a stronger group of wide outs.

27 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

If Allen can play, the Bills can be extremely dangerous in 2020. There are a slew of tremendous receivers who will probably come out next year. I'm not sure if I can recall a stronger group of wide outs.

I know. Quite a good crop of wide outs and Defensive ends. I know we are all getting impatient, but this is going to take some time...we will have a clearer picture soon enough. Allen already has a better supporting cast than last year. Allen shouldn't be running as much this year either with Beasley and Brown on board. Now Allen will have more opportunities to work on his "accuracy" and all around game.

Edited by Rocket94

52 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I am going to run with 8-8. I wanted to go higher but I just can't with the possible OL problems.

If the OL is healthy I might go as high as 11-5. It matters just that much imo.

What odds?

12:1 on the Bills winning the division. +185 on the Pats winning 10 or less.

On 8/5/2019 at 7:15 PM, Kemp said:

Season prediction: Allen fails to improve much. Management  weighs searching for another QB.

Frustrating that the Alabama QB, the Georgia QB and the Clemson QB (not eligible for next years draft) will be seen on Saturday's and are significantly better than the QB we have made our commitment to. Just hoping the Dolphins don't lose so many games that they get Tua.. (Not sure about the Oregon QB---- could be as bad as Josh but we'll see). Our defense will keep in purgatory at 7-9

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY