What if Matt Barkley gets hurt?

14 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

If Barkley goes down this year, it seems unlikely that Jackson would be elevated to #2.  What Veteran QB sitting at home currently or maybe cut do you think they would bring in?

thumbs down to the first smart guy that responds “Kyle Orton”

is Allen also hurt or Barkley is injured and Allen is healthy? 

14 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

If Barkley goes down this year, it seems unlikely that Jackson would be elevated to #2.  What Veteran QB sitting at home currently or maybe cut do you think they would bring in?

thumbs down to the first smart guy that responds “Kyle Orton”

Hide the rubber mats.

I did not read through all five pages of this thread, so maybe this has already been said, but...

Couldn't literally EVERY SINGLE NFL TEAM say "what if our backup QB gets injured"? 

I mean...if both your starting QB AND your backup QB get injured and you're down to your third string guy, your season's going nowhere fast. 

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I knew you were a sicko from day one.  This just confirms it.

Oh... Send @Gugny your WingMan in, he'll comeback with intel from the reconnaissance mission.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Geez! I just wanted to know if she could drop the ball into Fosters hands on a go route. Who’s the sicko here??? 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Id rather pick first in the draft.  With that said, he is not in the league anymore because he just isnt that good.

Why is it people want to act like he is a ProBowl caliber QB.  He had one ok season and the rest he was hot garbage.

See, that's where your bias starts to show through. He was objectively not garbage. He had a 59.8 completion % with a 2.5-1 TD/Int ratio over his career on some really bad teams. And those teams did not improve during his benching. In fact SF has kinda been trash since, except for Jimmy G's run 2 years ago to close out the season.

He may not have ended up an all-star or even a starter, but he'd at absolute worst be a top 3 backup in this league with an ability to come in and win games.

18 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

My guesses (in no particular order):

- Try to convince McCown to comeback out of retirement.

- Brock

- Weeden

- Landry Jones 

- Matt Cassel

You may be right but good lord i hope it's not any of these. I would rather it be @Steve Billieve's 97 year old Grandma. At least we know the generation she is from is at least tough.

33 minutes ago, BigPappy said:

You may be right but good lord i hope it's not any of these. I would rather it be @Steve Billieve's 97 year old Grandma. At least we know the generation she is from is at least tough.

Eh, we started Nathan Peterman twice last year. These guys, aren’t good, but we have started way worse (with worse surrounding talent). If Allen goes down, I would guess that the Bills bring in someone like Landry Jones to be the backup. While he isn’t good he has a winning record, 63% completion and a positive TD:INT. You hope that he can lead you to 3 scoring drives and you win the turnover battle. You’ll be in every game if that’s the case.