What if Matt Barkley gets hurt?

54 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

If Barkley goes down this year, it seems unlikely that Jackson would be elevated to #2.  What Veteran QB sitting at home currently or maybe cut do you think they would bring in?

thumbs down to the first smart guy that responds “Kyle Orton”

EJ is around

28 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

Well, for a team that trotted out 4 guys last year, I think it’s a fair discussion topic to wonder who Beane might have on speed dial.

yes, the season is likely over if Allen gets hurt, but I’d like to have a viable guy who could step in and win games outside of Barkley

They picked Barkley up in like week 7.  There will be another Barkley type on waivers.  I appreciate the topic but Barkley is probably one of the worst backups in the league (great guy though).  

If Allen doesn’t take the next step or gets hurt, season is probably over.  I’m almost rather see Jackson than Barkley. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mushypeaches said:

If Barkley goes down this year, it seems unlikely that Jackson would be elevated to #2.  What Veteran QB sitting at home currently or maybe cut do you think they would bring in?

thumbs down to the first smart guy that responds “Kyle Orton”

You're worried about the backup QB getting hurt? 

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They picked Barkley up in like week 7.  There will be another Barkley type on waivers.  I appreciate the topic but Barkley is probably one of the worst backups in the league (great guy though).  

If Allen doesn’t take the next step or gets hurt, season is probably over.  I’m almost rather see Jackson than Barkley. 

He is?

30 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

My guesses (in no particular order):

- Try to convince McCown to comeback out of retirement.

- Brock

- Weeden

- Landry Jones 

- Matt Cassel

Surprised they didnt bring in a 4th. I could live with  Landry Jones,but I think they only carry 2 QB

Edited by Georgie
Landry repeated
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Georgie said:

Surprised they didnt bring in a 4th. I could live with Landry Landry Jones,but I think they only carry 2 QB

I agree on Jones. You could do worse than a couple of weeks of him. My guess is that’s why they only carry 2 as well. There are enough functioning guys out there that you can survive.