What if Matt Barkley gets hurt?

2 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

If Barkley goes down this year, it seems unlikely that Jackson would be elevated to #2.  What Veteran QB sitting at home currently or maybe cut do you think they would bring in?

thumbs down to the first smart guy that responds “Kyle Orton”

Who cares... The backup needs to play for extended time the season is over.

If the backups, backup needs to start just think about the draft.

Edited by Boca BIlls

59 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They picked Barkley up in like week 7.  There will be another Barkley type on waivers.  I appreciate the topic but Barkley is probably one of the worst backups in the league (great guy though).  

If Allen doesn’t take the next step or gets hurt, season is probably over.  I’m almost rather see Jackson than Barkley. 

Meh. Jackson isn’t anything. 

Im not stressed over QB3 but it probably wouldn’t be bad to have one more semi-viable arm in camp in case you need to cover a game or two on short notice. The classic speed dial guy that can get you 20 plays instead of 10 on a weeks notice.

im sure 1-2 guys out there have abbreviated playbooks though. 

I am sure we have someone on roster who has ability to play QB with limited set of plays just not sure who. 

Usually it is a WR or TE who played some QB in college and if needed as practice arm he could do it. 

I guess it depends on when it happens and how well we are doing - if Bills are doing well and OL seems to be protecting there will QBs interested.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Has any team ever asked what happens if Matt Barkley hurts?  He’s a nice guy and I’m sure he helps Allen but he is the definition of replacement level.  

He's a terrific cheerleader. His absence would probably move the line in Vegas a full touchdown. No way Allen plows ahead for that first down without the assistance of Matt Barkley. Inspiration leader if there ever was one.

2 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

Well, for a team that trotted out 4 guys last year, I think it’s a fair discussion topic to wonder who Beane might have on speed dial.

yes, the season is likely over if Allen gets hurt, but I’d like to have a viable guy who could step in and win games outside of Barkley

Derrick Anderson most likely.

3 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

If Barkley goes down this year, it seems unlikely that Jackson would be elevated to #2.  What Veteran QB sitting at home currently or maybe cut do you think they would bring in?

If Barkley were to be injured in training camp or practice, I'm sure the Bills would be looking for a vet they can bring in.  Who that is depends upon too many unknowns at this point to "name names" - when does this hypothetical injury happen?  what is going on with other team's depth charts and who might be available? etc etc.

On the other hand, if Barkley were to be injured during a real game, we're kind of already screwed because it would mean Allen was hurt.

4 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

As stated already-if we lose our first stringer we will need a lot of luck to win any games. If we lose our second string qb then we will need a miracle to win. I do not worry about it because our season dies the day it matters.