What if Matt Barkley gets hurt?

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

He is?

He has a 68 career qb rating.  What backup is worse than that?  There’s a reason you find him on the market in week 7.  Great guy and someone I will admit I was completely wrong on.  I wanted him when he was in the draft.  

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I agree on Jones. You could do worse than a couple of weeks of him. My guess is that’s why they only carry 2 as well. There are enough functioning guys out there that you can survive. 

Really? I guess it’s desperate times at that point but Jones sucks. I think that was another Barbarian favorite. 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

He has a 68 career qb rating.  What backup is worse than that?  There’s a reason you find him on the market in week 7.  Great guy and someone I will admit I was completely wrong on.  I wanted him when he was in the draft.  

I don't really care what their QB ratings are.  Backups are backups for a reason.

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Really? I guess it’s desperate times at that point but Jones sucks. I think that was another Barbarian favorite. 

I’m not saying that he is good. I’m saying if week 9 rolls around and a guy needs to play a week you can add Jones. He’s 3-2 as a starter, completed 64% of his passes and has 8 TDs to 7 INTs. He’s not Peterman. 

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

I don't really care what their QB ratings are.  Backups are backups for a reason.

So you don’t care if his career number say he’s been terrible for his whole career?  Interesting thought.  You know there are some backups who aren’t necessarily terrible right? 

I actually just checked out the backup list.  It’s pretty horrible.  Still doesn’t mean Barkley is good and you can’t upgrade. 

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not saying that he is good. I’m saying if week 9 rolls around and a guy needs to play a week you can add Jones. He’s 3-2 as a starter, completed 64% of his passes and has 8 TDs to 7 INTs. He’s not Peterman. 

True.  I still ride with EJ.  It would be a Disney movie!

Just now, pop gun said:

Maybe we can trade 2nd for Oaklands backup. He knows the playbook right! 

Green Right X Shift to Viper Right 382 X Stick Lookie Pick 6 on 2. Ready break!

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

True.  I still ride with EJ.  It would be a Disney movie!

Green Right X Shift to Viper Right 382 X Stick Lookie Pick 6 on 2. Ready break!

He’s acceptable as well. The point is, there are guys out on the street that you can add every year that won’t kill you. The Bills added 2 last year. There are a handful of those types out there now.

• Like (+1) 1

Collective Bills' fan anxiety increases every year.  Now, it's spread to what happens if the backup QB gets hurt...with a healthy Josh Allen. LOL

In keeping with that topic, what happens if the holder gets hurt? What happens if Daboll goes back to Alabama?  What if Terry Pegula's head melts off his head?

This is the appropriate time to say, "Don't worry, be happy"

Edited by BillsVet
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So you don’t care if his career number say he’s been terrible for his whole career?  Interesting thought.  You know there are some backups who aren’t necessarily terrible right? 

I actually just checked out the backup list.  It’s pretty horrible.  Still doesn’t mean Barkley is good and you can’t upgrade. 

I never said Barkley was good.  He's just no the worst backup QB in the league.  And he comes cheap.  Besides, if any team in the league has to rely on their backup QB for more than a handful of games, they're in major trouble.

1 hour ago, mushypeaches said:

If Barkley goes down this year, it seems unlikely that Jackson would be elevated to #2.  What Veteran QB sitting at home currently or maybe cut do you think they would bring in?

thumbs down to the first smart guy that responds “Kyle Orton”

Run like hell

Like every down. 7 O line men and Lee and dimarco in I formations.
Tyree can do that just fine.
Can we bring back the Wildcat again ?

24 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Collective Bills' fan anxiety increases every year.  Now, it's spread to what happens if the backup QB gets hurt...with a healthy Josh Allen. LOL

In keeping with that topic, what happens if the holder gets hurt? What happens if Daboll goes back to Alabama?  What if Terry Pegula's head melts off his head?

This is the appropriate time to say, "Don't worry, be happy"

I call this progress

• Haha (+1) 1