Chris Trapasso says the Bills Will Make the Playoffs This Season

TV announcers like to play it both ways and talk about anticipated momentum from the rest, or will it be a letdown from time off?

They always prove right because after a few series they can pronounce which of the two alternatives, which they claim, was “correct”

still more honourable than Barry Melrose predicting a Rangers win in the pregame and then in the postgame telling us he knew the Sabres were going to win the whole time

On 8/5/2019 at 2:41 PM, jeremy2020 said:

Well, if Chris Trapasso says it...then my opinion hasn't changed at all

Better than some idiot I heard on WGR last week.  Aaron Schatz says the "analytics" predict the Bills will win 6.9 games this year.  He says they have more talent and an easier schedule but only .9 more wins. 

Hiding behind analytics does not make an analysis good or valid.  Bias go into algorithms and it takes hard work to remove that bias.

On another rant, why not round when you can not win .9.  When people add precision like this it is often meant to make it look like a great analysis was done because they got it to the decimal point.

35 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Better than some idiot I heard on WGR last week.  Aaron Schatz says the "analytics" predict the Bills will win 6.9 games this year.  He says they have more talent and an easier schedule but only .9 more wins. 

Hiding behind analytics does not make an analysis good or valid.  Bias go into algorithms and it takes hard work to remove that bias.

On another rant, why not round when you can not win .9.  When people add precision like this it is often meant to make it look like a great analysis was done because they got it to the decimal point.

Analytics are great for sifting thru the sawdust of past games, not much use going forward though

it keeps that kind of relative busy, which is a good thing 

On 8/6/2019 at 11:51 AM, Chris from Rochester said:

It's insane to be confident they'll make the playoffs?

While not insane, I think it’s your fandom that makes you confident.

The team should definitely compete for a Wild Card spot and I think they have a decent chance but confidence is reserved for teams that are supposed to compete for division titles and unless Brady gets injured, that’s likely not happening.

10 minutes ago, MDH said:

While not insane, I think it’s your fandom that makes you confident.

The team should definitely compete for a Wild Card spot and I think they have a decent chance but confidence is reserved for teams that are supposed to compete for division titles and unless Brady gets injured, that’s likely not happening.

Pats will approach the regular season with winning the division with minimal effort, the last few years they’ve tankes games that were winnable, just to save it for the next game

again, good grounds for optimism but you have to earn wins in the NFL and it takes time to build a legit team. The Kelly Bills sucked for two years before it jelled.

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

overwhelming?   

No

but their is an advantage of rest and game planning.  

I have no doubt at all that the week off helps teams lick their wounds and get stronger 

whether it tangibly helps an obvious underdog in the first game back is another question 

Edited by row_33

20 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

If your team sucks ... nothing will help. 

See 1-31 Browns 

Like the Bills, Browns fans are crowing about a gimme playoff spot because a young QB has great potential

On 8/5/2019 at 2:30 PM, MJS said:

I could see Shaq getting traded.

If he plays well and they trade him, IMO that is dumb, unless they suck as a team the first quarter of the season.

At some point it needs to be about winning now.