Chris Trapasso says the Bills Will Make the Playoffs This Season

21 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Using bottles these past years might well have cut down on the ‘irrational exuberance’.

?

That’s a rough saloon you frequent.

18 minutes ago, eball said:

It's all about the first 8 games.  After two roadies to start the season the Bills play 5 of the next 6 at home.  The two strongest opponents (NE*** and Philly) are at The Cap.

If the Bills aren't at least 5-3 at the midpoint it's going to be tough sledding to get back to the postseason.  I think they'll be 6-2 provided Morse can play and there aren't any other devastating injuries to key players.

Worst thing would be another Fitz-like 4-1 start and then crater

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Augie said:

We don’t play ANYBODY coming off a bye? Have they no respect for tradition? 

For context, the Patriots have the league's worst rest differential at -13 days.

And the Bills are one of nine teams that do not face an opponent that's coming off a bye week

Love it 

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Intrigued by this rest differential.  Had Never seen it before.

I didn't recall it either ..

Mr Google says 

Apr 18, 2019 - Most rest differential of any team. Just 1 short road week. Just 1 game with an opponent with more rest. No opponents coming off a bye.

jbjoxtitdev21.jpg

How to read the tables:

• They're a basic schedule grid, with an added column of information for each week, displaying the team's "rest differential" vs. their opponent.

• Rest is simply calculated as the date of your game minus the date of your last game.

• Rest differential is your rest time vs. your opponent's rest time.

• For example, if you look up the Detroit Lions Week 6 match up, you'll see that they're "@NO -7". This mean's they're on the road in New Orleans with a 7-day rest disadvantage relative to the Saints, who are coming off a bye.

• The "Cumulative Rest Differential" column adds up all 16 weeks' rest differentials to arrive at a total figure for the season.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m just here for the inevitable post from @MrEpsYtown about Trapasso and Mason Rudolph :lol:

35 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Chris Trapasso is a brilliant football mind, I have every album he ever made

Did they collaborate on the album with ‘Classical Gas’ on it?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

It’s a gut reaction, but if there’s any team of recent years that can foul this up, it’s the Lions.  They always strike me as the worker coming back from a three week vacation, that needs until Wednesday to get back in sync with the work routine.

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I’ve been watching a lot of Three Stooges ‘two reelers’ lately.  It rubs off on you.  ?

Sad when you come to realize that 2/3 of them are basically unwatchable....

17 hours ago, MJS said:

I could see Shaq getting traded.

Why?

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/news/bills-lawson-has-lot-motivation-play-well-season

Shaq Lawson knows that he must make an impact this season to save his career. The Bills declined to pick up his fifth-year option this offseason, and Buffalo’s 2016 No. 1 pick has to prove himself now.

Lawson changed his offseason habits, which included intense workouts in Arizona. He said, “It’s very hot out there and I wanted to be in a better environment so I could know how to breathe and workout.

If this is his last year of the contract what can get Bills get in return?   being a former #1 and no extension seems to be lacking something there 

17 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Trapasso said this? 

Well, get your pitchforks ready.

This is the same clown that said Mason Rudolph was his QB 1 in the 2018 NFL Draft, and had Jonah Williams as his top prospect for the 2019 class.

0-16 here we come.

1074686650.jpeg&c=sc&w=3200&h=2133

Unpopular Opinions: 49ers overhyped; Bills deserve more love

ONE TEAM I AM DIGGING: THE BUFFALO BILLS

I know, I'm a weirdo. Josh Allen is more unproven than Garoppolo at this point, even though they've started just about the same amount of NFL games. Allen ranked last in completion percentage (52.8) among qualifying quarterbacks last season.

And only Josh Rosen was worse in passing yards per game, touchdown-to-interception ratio and passer rating. Seriously, Allen's passer rating was 67.9 last year. Although I will point out that he completed 17 of 26 passes for 224 yards and three passing touchdowns to go along with 95 rushing yards and two rushing touchdowns against the Dolphins in Week 17.

But he's a risk, I know.

And his receiving corps doesn't have a George Kittle, but I do like what they have in John Brown. Allen likes to heave the ball deep, and, per Next Gen Stats, Brown averaged more than 16.3 air yards per target last season, the fifth-highest among qualifying wide receivers.

So I like that. The Bills also committed to protecting Allen by adding seven offensive linemen between free agency and the draft.

But the reason I'm leaning toward the Bills is the defense. Thanks to the Giants and Raiders making surprise picks in the draft (I didn't say bad picks, but they were sort of surprise picks), the Bills landed DT Ed Oliver to fill in for the retired Kyle Williams.

Oliver had 54 tackles for loss from 2016 to '18 at Houston, the second-most among FBS players.

Oliver joins a unit that ranked second in total defense in 2018 (294.1 total yards allowed per game). They led the NFL with 179.2 passing yards per game allowed. They were great on third down.

Tre'Davious White was one of just two players in the league with a defensive passer rating below 75.0 (71.8) and two or fewer touchdowns allowed in coverage on at least 70 targets, per NGS.

And the Bills were good without getting much pressure on the quarterback up the middle, which Oliver should help with.

I'm not saying the Bills are going to unseat the Patriots. The offense isn't ready for that. But, if you're looking for a dark horse this season, I'd lean Buffalo over San Francisco.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/5/2019 at 2:30 PM, MJS said:

I could see Shaq getting traded.

Agreed.  It's not that I don't like him, but the Bills have money invested in Trent Murphy, and the price of Lawson's new contract is going up rapidly as he plays well.  If he doesn't play well, why would the Bills want him?

On 8/6/2019 at 11:51 AM, Chris from Rochester said:

It's insane to be confident they'll make the playoffs?

Yeah, Pats take the division and it’s a lot harder when your only hope is a WC.

If he said something we don't want to hear, the responses would've been "Who?" and "Why should I care what ____ has to say?"

Throw in some jokes about his looks & the company he works for, and that about sums up the usual reactions. 

Edit: I do like this bit of info though - "The Bills are one of nine teams that do not face an opponent that's coming off a bye week." 

THANK YOOOUUUU! 

Edited by BigDingus