Bills working out OL Sam Young

2 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

To be honest, I wasn’t even sure Waddle was going to make the team. Young will be a serviceable camp body I assume. 

Waddle for sure wasn't making the team. Wasn't he running with the 3's?

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

I don't know much about Feliciano, but Long was a good interior lineman prior to being injured and being forced to play Center for the Jets.  He's healthy now - Not sure if the staff sees him as a potential backup C, along with G.   He has shown the ability to be an average-above average interior lineman when healthy, and has experience at Center.

Feliciano has been running with the 1's much more than Long so far. But I'm thinking both make the team.

Camp body... not a lot of good players on sitting out there with 2880 football players in camps across the country already... and that's not counting guys on IR

Look for them to evaluate their team Thursday, and if they aren't happy make a trade this coming weekend... 

They will also be scouring the waiver wire as teams do final cut down's but for now thats a few weeks away and they need someone to be here to take additional reps now, but they'll be looking for a better player in any way they can.

3 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’m rarely a Debbie downer or self proclaimed “realist”...   but I’m thinking the entire o line fate for the season is going to hinge on the neurological state of one very specific really good guy at center.

All the rest can be dealt with and worked around.  Theres no great plan b for center at present. 

He wasnt projecting to start as I recall 

Over Cody Ford and Ty Nsehke?

4 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

To be honest, I wasn’t even sure Waddle was going to make the team. Young will be a serviceable camp body I assume. 

Yeah . . . pretty much what I thought.  And remember he's filling the spot of LaAdrian Waddle, not Will Wolford.

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

I don't know much about Feliciano, but Long was a good interior lineman prior to being injured and being forced to play Center for the Jets.  He's healthy now - Not sure if the staff sees him as a potential backup C, along with G.   He has shown the ability to be an average-above average interior lineman when healthy, and has experience at Center.

He got caught up in the inevitable Jetness of being injured and a NYJet last year so I give Long a pass.  He's no Pro Bowler and Morse is obvious the jewel in the crown here, but if Long is healthy he can play some.

And yes, anyone who wants to use the term "inevitable Jetness" is welcome to use it.

Edited by Ennjay
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, gjv001 said:

ObtainingTrent Williams could very well be the difference maker in Beanes valiant attempt to put a good Oline in front of Allen. So far between injuries and talent, the experiment is running into trouble.

I just think we have had some minor injury bugs so far (except Morse and even that I dont know if they are just letting him rest for the season)

Beane brought in several vets....and doubled down with a high draft pick in Ford.