Why is a murderer on the WOF?

As long as he is on the wall, I feel like our team is turning a blind eye to something that transcends sports. Crazy that his name is up in lights and is celebrated in our stadium. 

According to this twitter though, he has a lot of getting even to do. So we have that to look forward to.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

How would you feel if he was only arrested for the burglary?

Again, please understand that if I owned the team he would be taken down.

Honestly, I would likely NOT call for his name to be removed if there was no murder/trial.  The burglary alone wouldn't tip the scales for me.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Jobot said:

Also, OJ was found guilty in the Civil case.  The stakes for a Civil case however don't include jail time, just a lot of money.

You can't be found guilty in a civil case. Just liable. They are two totally different legal concepts. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, foreboding said:

I have been a Bills fan my entire life. As a little kid I remember watching the Electric Company and OJ.

Like the rest of us, I was appalled when he was accused of a double murder. Disbelief and heartbroken first, later outraged. We have since learned that Johnny Cochran manipulated evidence, the scene of the crime and, masterfully, got him acquitted. There is almost no one who thinks that this POS is innocent.

What I still fail to understand is why is this guy still on the wall? There is nothing about the man that brings any Bills fan any joy. He is an embarrassment, and more importantly, a horrible pariah. He is out enjoying life in Florida, posting on Twitter, golfing: this man who murdered his kid's mother in cold blood. He ripped her open with a knife and almost took her poor friend's head off, a man in the wrong place at the wrong time. The wounds on Goldman suggest he tried to fight back.

Who gives a crap if he broke records, he does not represent my team or my home city. He is the antithesis to all that is good. We won nothing with the man, he is no hero to anyone's kids.  I'm actually shocked Kim Pegula has allowed him to remain on the Wall of Fame. That wall should have people who also represent the city well? Is it just about stats?? I mean we are talking about a cold blooded killer, a big strong man who executed his own wife!

He took his kids mother. He robbed them of her. I see no reason why he should be on that wall.

Please Bills, let's expunge this dirtbag murderer from any public recognition. Please.

Except he’s not a murderer. He was found not guilty of murder. 

And his football history on the Buffalo bills has absolutely nothing to do with his personal life. 

24 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Again, please understand that if I owned the team he would be taken down.

If I owned the team, I'd keep it up.

And paint it black.  Both for heightened awareness about domestic violence.  I'd sooner try to do good with it than erase it from memory.

1 minute ago, Jerry Jabber said:

He was found liable in the civil case

"Guilty" and "liable" are not the same thing.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

And paint it black.  Both for heightened awareness about domestic violence.  I'd sooner try to do good with it than erase it from memory.

Fair enough point since your heart is in a good place. But I believe there are better ways to do what you want (raise awareness, actually make a difference, etc) without leaving his name up on the WoF.

1 minute ago, mrags said:

I’m sorry. Was he sentenced to prison for that? 

Just a heads up, you arent sounding as smart as you think you are with this point(?) you are trying to make.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Fair enough point since your heart is in a good place. But I believe there are better ways to do what you want (raise awareness, actually make a difference, etc) without leaving his name up on the WoF.

Just a heads up, you arent sounding as smart as you think you are with this point(?) you are trying to make.

Really? Because he was found not guilty in court. So I apparently am 100% correct on this. And anyone assuming he’s guilty is 100% incorrect. 

8 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Call it what you want.. the Bills and NFL have no legal obligation to this criminal.  IMO it is crazy that a major sports franchise would be afraid to claim this as their opinion or belief.  Then again, I'm sure someone somewhere has identified a monetary loss/gain from the decision to publicize this.

Edited by Jobot

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’m sorry. Was he sentenced to prison for that? 

No. It's a shame that 90% of the jury already had it in their mind that they were not going to find OJ "guilty" due to the LAPD being found "not guilty" in the Rodney King beating case. The judicial system failed Rodney King, so the jurors were going to do something about it.

https://www.thewrap.com/oj-simpson-juror-not-guilty-verdict-was-payback-for-rodney-king/

9 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Here's a good explanation of "Guilty vs Liable." http://www.shakelaw.com/blog/civil-criminal/