Why is a murderer on the WOF?

2 minutes ago, macaroni said:

It should be locked because the trial happened 25 years ago. If you had a problem then was the time you should have voiced it.

It should be locked because he was found not guilty, if you have personal information that could overturn that verdict, you should have presented it at trial.

So simply put;

It should be locked because your viewpoint is neither timely or factual and is clearly designed to troll.

How is a troll, is the name still there? Did we have an internet back then? Does each year make it any less shameful or more?

Look at this lovely piece:

https://innerloopblog.com/2019/05/04/oj-simpson-to-be-removed-from-bills-wall-of-fame-replaced-with-arthur-shawcross/

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

48 minutes ago, Jobot said:

I didn't realize he was still on the wall.  Just do the right thing and take it down.  It's actually embarrassing that this hasn't happened yet.

Yes, remove him from the HOF as well.  Who gives a damn how great someone is at a sport when they commit such a horrific act.  I would have zero sympathy for him.

Even though I firmly believe he did do it....he was found not guilty.  I would think a guilty conviction would be the only thing that would un-enshrine him.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Even though I firmly believe he did do it....he was found not guilty.  I would think a guilty conviction would be the only thing that would un-enshrine him.

Wonder if the Pegulas would settle/make an exception for a finding of wrongful death liability? It's not like the famous criminal verdict was the end of the story, legally speaking.  

• Like (+1) 1

If I owned the Buffalo Bills, he would be taken down. That said, a poster raised the point about the not guilty verdict and it is a good one.

As for jail terms on civil rights cases, my thing is this:

A jury found OJ to be not guilty. I don't believe in double jeopardy and do not think that he should have done time. I also apply this theory to the cops in the Rodney King case.

All of the above appeared to me to be guilty mind you. I just have an issue with being found not guilty by a jury and still doing time.

This is jmo, and I completely expect others to disagree. I am NOT trying to sway anyone, and I respect your opposing views. The is simply an opinion.

6 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

If I owned the Buffalo Bills, he would be taken down. That said, a poster raised the point about the not guilty verdict and it is a good one.

As for jail terms on civil rights cases, my thing is this:

A jury found OJ to be not guilty. I don't believe in double jeopardy and do not think that he should have done time. I also apply this theory to the cops in the Rodney King case.

All of the above appeared to me to be guilty mind you. I just have an issue with being found not guilty by a jury and still doing time.

This is jmo, and I completely expect others to disagree. I am NOT trying to sway anyone, and I respect your opposing views. The is simply an opinion.

He did time for burglary, not for when he brutally murdered two innocent people.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, foreboding said:

No one in the whole world thinks he was innocent. Because he "got away with it" doesn't mean he has to get away with it on the WOF.

You know everyone? 12 jurors collectively believed he was innocent. 

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Because what he did on the field preceded his criminal life by over two decade and had nothing to do with those later events. Nothing. At. All.

Should he be removed from the HOF as well?

42 minutes ago, foreboding said:

You argument in favor is about stats. Field performance, I am saying that the Wall should be more. Please, what about that is asinine? 

Sorry you got your feelings hurt, not my intention. But come on man, defending this POS is silly--wake up.

He asked questions.  he didn't state an argument one way or another.  Your response was unnecessary and incorrect based on his initial response.

2 minutes ago, MarkAF43 said:

You know everyone? 12 jurors collectively believed he was innocent. 

A jury of twelve acquitted him. It doesn't mean they thought he was innocent. Those are two separate issues - particularly with that trial.

• Like (+1) 1