Before Release Traded - Alex Lewis (UPDATE Traded to Jets)

MAJBobby

With the current injury bug hitting the Bills OL there is a experienced OG that just hit the market, I would be all for them taking a look at him. To add to the depleting damp depth, and Maybe even stick

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

OL is a problem across the league, so he will have a job soon 

Ya know, Yolo, and I know I am sort of stating the obvious here, but given Jerrah's comments over the weekend (or rather his son's, maybe) about not wanting to "set the market" with Zeke we truly do live in a football world (as we have for a number of years now) where RBs are important, but they are not demonstrative for teams' success and as such are just not going to be paid like they were.

Meaning?  Give me an offensive line that averages over 6 million dollars for five guys (just as a mark of talent, per se) and  then let me have a 2-4 million RB to play behind them. 

...maybe even 2 RBs for a total of 4 million and a half million dollar rookie.

Interesting conversation about part of this when Sal was on with Howard and Jeremy.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Ya know, Yolo, and I know I am sort of stating the obvious here, but given Jerrah's comments over the weekend (or rather his son's, maybe) about not wanting to "set the market" with Zeke we truly do live in a football world (as we have for a number of years now) where RBs are important, but they are not demonstrative for teams' success and as such are just not going to be paid like they were.

Meaning?  Give me an offensive line that averages over 6 million dollars for five guys (just as a mark of talent, per se) and  then let me have a 2-4 million RB to play behind them. 

Interesting conversation about part of this when Sal was on with Howard and Jeremy.

Zeke is kind of a unicorn because he is such an overall player on the offense (blocking - running - receiving) but in general I agree OL > RB in terms of importance 

• Like (+1) 2

Lewis was a guy I liked during draft time. He's a former college left tackle who pushed in to guard. He has some talent and wouldn't mind a flyer. He isn't better than Quintin Spain, but he could upgrade the other guard spot. He's on par with Long and the other guys. He's had his injury issues, so I bet they pass. 

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

With the current injury bug hitting the Bills OL there is a experienced OG that just hit the market, I would be all for them taking a look at him. To add to the depleting damp depth, and Maybe even stick

The fine print says

Lewis struggled to stay healthy throughout his career (missing a total of 28 games over three seasons) and began training camp on the physically unable to perform list while recovering from shoulder surgery.

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Gotta keep drafting them though, but ultimately you're probably dead on. It's a pretty cold way of doing things, but it's calculated and most likely the smart thing to do. Problem is we are human beings and we catch feelings. Having an OL is more important, but RBs get all the glory.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The fine print says

Lewis struggled to stay healthy throughout his career (missing a total of 28 games over three seasons) and began training camp on the physically unable to perform list while recovering from shoulder surgery.

He will fit right in

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The fine print says

He missed over 3/4 of the games in his first 3 years.  No loss.

Looks like he could have the makings of a solid player but can't stay healthy. Jets probably made that move knowing the Pats and Bills would be knocking on the door of this guy with our own injury issues, 

The Jets are still meh. I can't wait for the excuses to pour from all of the bobbleheads this year once reality sets in that they aren't the next team on the rise in the AFCE. They will be average at best. I don't see them making it to .500 even. If they lose that first game to us (which I believe they will) they could very easily start out 0-7.