Bills Training Camp Day 10 (8/5)

2019 Buffalo Bills scouting report: guard Quinton Spain

2019 Offseason: Spain has participated in all of Buffalo’s offseason activities to date. He missed practice on August 1 due to an ankle injury, but it wasn’t serious enough to sideline him for the following night’s Return of the Blue and the Red scrimmage.

2019 Season outlook: Spain will be Buffalo’s starting left guard this year, at least if the way reps have been divided is any indication. He appears to be the second-safest member of the line, with only Mitch Morse more firmly entrenched in his job. The job is Spain’s to lose.

usatsi_13116564.jpg?w=1024&h=614&crop=1

Cole Beasley says Josh Allen's struggles are on Bills WRs

“It wasn’t too bad today. A lot of it wasn’t his fault. A lot of it was us (receivers) being too sloppy,” Beasley said via NYUP.com. “That happens sometimes after a day off.

You just gotta be more consistent for him (when we’re) running routes and make great decisions for him. He’s doing a heck of a job.

“It’s really on us. There’s nothing he’s doing bad. He’s a great quarterback and he’s slinging it out there. We just have to be better for him,” Beasley added.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 6

4 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

Those are pretty good numbers considering all of the red zone work. Thad will be Thad though. 

50 minutes ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

where's the laugh track ?  Okay just below average

?

Allen has solid accuracy. He won’t be Drew Brees but he can be right there with guys like Big Ben, Favre, and Wentz.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

thread worthy?   

Someone needs to ask him if he wants to be Aaron Paul's stunt double after football. 

23 minutes ago, ColeB said:

What was it that Oliver didn’t like?

His own performance apparently. 

Also here's a few shots that I mentioned from my earlier post.  Hopefully it works right. 

Camp 2019 https://imgur.com/a/wkTARTd

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Philo Beddoe said:

To add to this: I was at camp yesterday and thought he looked far from slow. He may not have elite top end speed, but his acceleration appeared to be superb to me. 

There is running 40 yards in your underwear speed, and playing football speed, two completely different things.

Case in point, just watch our 6'5" 240 lb quarterback running away from cornerbacks last year on some of his runs.  He isn't supposed to be that fast.  The Combine said so...

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

There is running 40 yards in your underwear speed, and playing football speed, two completely different things.

Case in point, just watch our 6'5" 240 lb quarterback running away from cornerbacks last year on some of his runs.  He isn't supposed to be that fast.  The Combine said so...

Yeah but again, I don't think he was running full speed at the Combine.

Does anyone remember players being banged up like this in the old days?

Cause I don't remember. And those guys did two-a-days.

Maybe these guys are in TOO good a shape entering camp and the hot weather makes these guys more susceptible to injuries. While in the past, the players used to use TC as the way to get into shape. Maybe that is the difference in today's world. I don't know.

6 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Does anyone remember players being banged up like this in the old days?

Cause I don't remember. And those guys did two-a-days.

Maybe these guys are in TOO good a shape entering camp and the hot weather makes these guys more susceptible to injuries. While in the past, the players used to use TC as the way to get into shape. Maybe that is the difference in today's world. I don't know.

yes. we have much worse off seasons and injury issues to go into the season.
almost everyone will be ready excepting Tyler Kroft and no one knows what exactly his issues are.
Hope Bills are sandbagging and for IR with high level midseason returns  LOL.