Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
fansince88

Astro Notes 8-4

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Is Boettger taking reps at Center?  Is that new?

 

I like this idea.  

I think he has but not with the 1's before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who is the late round BC TE (that he's comparing Sweeney to) to whom he's referring?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quinton Spain just standing there -looking huge. 😂

 

Damn! Just one more AstroNotes til next July! That went fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Quinton Spain just standing there -looking huge. 😂

 

Damn! Just one more AstroNotes til next July! That went fast.

I was thinking that too. Went back and re-read a few of these. Love his notes. Great guy to meet in person.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Quinton Spain just standing there -looking huge. 😂

 

Damn! Just one more AstroNotes til next July! That went fast.

Also, because Dean isnt around here any more he didnt delve into how concerned he was about Josh has been in practice. ...should I start a post about that?

  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Also, because Dean isnt around here any more he didnt delve into how concerned he was about Josh has been in practice. ...should I start a post about that?

 

 

NO! 

  • Haha (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ranks, Rastro!  So, I guess Josh didn't look like trash yesterday?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fansince88 said:

Also, because Dean isnt around here any more he didnt delve into how concerned he was about Josh has been in practice. ...should I start a post about that?

 

I think a poll would be a lot more effective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bills should be paying Astro! Lets start a poll about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, eball said:

Ranks, Rastro!  So, I guess Josh didn't look like trash yesterday?

but  butt Joe B said.......... 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Doc said:

Who is the late round BC TE (that he's comparing Sweeney to) to whom he's referring?

TE Jim Whalen   1 0 6 29 6-2 210 7 1965-1971 Minnesota Vikings / 4th / 51st pick / 1965 Boston Patriots / 3rd / 23rd pick / 1965
TE Tim Sherwin College Stats 0 0 2 8 6-6 243 8 1981-1988 Baltimore Colts / 4th / 94th pick / 1981  
TE Brian Saxton College Stats 0 0 0 0 6-6 256 2 1996-1997    
TE Sean Ryan College Stats 0 0 1 1 6-5 260 6 2004-2009 Dallas Cowboys / 5th / 144th pick / 2004  
TE Ryan Purvis College Stats 0 0 0 0 6-3 255 1 2010-2010    
TE Chris Pantale   0 0 0 0 6-5 254 1 2014-2014    
TE Pete Mitchell College Stats 0 0 3 23 6-2 243 8 1995-2002 Miami Dolphins / 4th / 122nd pick / 1995  
TE Gordon Laro College Stats 0 0 0 0 6-3 253 1 1995-1995    
TE Bill Cronin   0 0 0 1 6-5 231 2 1965-1966   Oakland Raiders / 15th / 115th pick / 1965
TE Mark Chmura College Stats 0 3 4 22 6-5 248 7 1993-1999

Green Bay Packers / 6th / 157th pick / 1992

 

I'm guessing Pete Mitchell but I've included a list of former BC TEs that played in the NFL.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:
TE Jim Whalen   1 0 6 29 6-2 210 7 1965-1971 Minnesota Vikings / 4th / 51st pick / 1965 Boston Patriots / 3rd / 23rd pick / 1965
TE Tim Sherwin College Stats 0 0 2 8 6-6 243 8 1981-1988 Baltimore Colts / 4th / 94th pick / 1981  
TE Brian Saxton College Stats 0 0 0 0 6-6 256 2 1996-1997    
TE Sean Ryan College Stats 0 0 1 1 6-5 260 6 2004-2009 Dallas Cowboys / 5th / 144th pick / 2004  
TE Ryan Purvis College Stats 0 0 0 0 6-3 255 1 2010-2010    
TE Chris Pantale   0 0 0 0 6-5 254 1 2014-2014    
TE Pete Mitchell College Stats 0 0 3 23 6-2 243 8 1995-2002 Miami Dolphins / 4th / 122nd pick / 1995  
TE Gordon Laro College Stats 0 0 0 0 6-3 253 1 1995-1995    
TE Bill Cronin   0 0 0 1 6-5 231 2 1965-1966   Oakland Raiders / 15th / 115th pick / 1965
TE Mark Chmura College Stats 0 3 4 22 6-5 248 7 1993-1999

Green Bay Packers / 6th / 157th pick / 1992

 

I'm guessing Pete Mitchell but I've included a list of former BC TEs that played in the NFL.

 

Thanks. That’s a deep dive. I was thinking Chmura myself. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Gugny said:

 

I think a poll would be a lot more effective.

Only if it is slanted in such a way that the author gets his intended result through not so clever wordsmithing overexagerations too narrow poll answers derisive phrases and such.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

Only if it is slanted in such a way that the author gets his intended result through not so clever wordsmithing overexagerations too narrow poll answers derisive phrases and such.

 

 

what he said..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

Only if it is slanted in such a way that the author gets his intended result through not so clever wordsmithing overexagerations too narrow poll answers derisive phrases and such.

 

28 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

 

 

what he said..

 

I'm on it.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Well-written. Astro's wit connects in this one.

Especially for the over 50 crowd with the Rockettes reference and possibly the "Ain't too proud to beg" reference if it was the Temptations and not TLC. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Is Boettger taking reps at Center?  Is that new?

 

I like this idea.  

 

I really like the idea. Boettger has some nice potential and taking snaps at center really helps his push to make the team. I think he's a good fit there as a really smart kid with the right amount of nasty to his game. Hope it works out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

 

I really like the idea. Boettger has some nice potential and taking snaps at center really helps his push to make the team. I think he's a good fit there as a really smart kid with the right amount of nasty to his game. Hope it works out. 

 

Personally, Boettger > Teller. I'm keeping my five starters:

Dawkins

Spain

Morse

Long

Ford

 

Then my two key swing guys:

Nsekhe 

Feliciano

 

Then my developmental guy:

Boettger (who has played all 3 positions)

 

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

 

Personally, Boettger > Teller. I'm keeping my five starters:

Dawkins

Spain

Morse

Long

Ford

 

Then my two key swing guys:

Nsekhe 

Feliciano

 

Then my developmental guy:

Boettger (who has played all 3 positions)

 

 

 

Don't trust Ford at RT.

 

By all accounts the guy has struggled there so far in camp and not sure he projects well there long term.

 

I like Dawkins, Spain, Morse, Ford, Nsekhe.

Edited by ScottLaw
  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

 

I really like the idea. Boettger has some nice potential and taking snaps at center really helps his push to make the team. I think he's a good fit there as a really smart kid with the right amount of nasty to his game. Hope it works out. 

 

 

Yeah I like this.  Boettger has some potential.   He had some plays last preseason where he really stood out.   Very strong, versatile frame.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...