LaAdrian Waddle carted off of practice - out for season with torn quad, placed on IR

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think they will give Conor McDermott a shot at that swing tackle role if they decide to keep Nsecke at starting RT and Ford at RG. If they move Ford back to RT, Nsecke is the swing tackle and Waddle may have been cut

Cut?  I don't know.  They will keep four OTs and Waddle has started  a couple seasons worth of games in his career.

That paired with the fact he was on a relatively cheap contract, no reason to cut him so long as he performed well

in the preseason games.

8 hours ago, purple haze said:

Cut?  I don't know.  They will keep four OTs and Waddle has started  a couple seasons worth of games in his career.

That paired with the fact he was on a relatively cheap contract, no reason to cut him so long as he performed well

in the preseason games.

Why would they have kept 4 OTs?  I don’t think Waddle was making the team and well doesn’t matter anyway he is done 

13 hours ago, dneveu said:

Nope. I agree with playing him at RG if it makes the best 5. Just sucks that the depth went from solid to really bad in a second

The depth is still good at center and along the interior. But yes at tackle depth is suddenly s concern. 

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Why would they have kept 4 OTs?  I don’t think Waddle was making the team and well doesn’t matter anyway he is done 

If Ford is moved to RG and Ty at RT they would have had Waddle as the 3rd T on the roster.

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The depth is still good at center and along the interior. But yes at tackle depth is suddenly s concern. 

If Ford is moved to RG and Ty at RT they would have had Waddle as the 3rd T on the roster.

But then that would mean Ford is a OG.  They will not carry 4 OTs in my opinion and would not have but that is my opinion.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Waddle officially placed on IR 

okay i have a question..if placed on IR during traiinig camp, can you come back during the year? Or do you have to be on the 53 first week, then placed on IR..then you can come back?

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

okay i have a question..if placed on IR during traiinig camp, can you come back during the year? Or do you have to be on the 53 first week, then placed on IR..then you can come back?

When a player goes on IR doesn't matter.

To start the season the Bills will submit a list of all IR'd players.

Up to 2 can return to play starting week 9.

5 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Great question.  I found a nice source that explains all designations in detail.  Coincidental that it's from the team who got us into the playoffs a couple years ago!

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/8/31/17797904/explaining-pup-nfi-ir-other-injury-nfl-roster-designations-cuts-53-man-roster

With regard to IR .... "These players are ineligible to play again for the same team during the current season, but they can be cut and then go on to sign with another team."

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Great question.  I found a nice source that explains all designations in detail.  Coincidental that it's from the team who got us into the playoffs a couple years ago!

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/8/31/17797904/explaining-pup-nfi-ir-other-injury-nfl-roster-designations-cuts-53-man-roster

With regard to IR .... "These players are ineligible to play again for the same team during the current season, but they can be cut and then go on to sign with another team."

I stand corrected.  If a player is on IR to start the season he in ineligible for return.

I thought that was changed last year when they went to any 2 players to come back.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/5/2019 at 5:44 AM, HOUSE said:

Holly meat wagon

Image result for trainers cart nfl gif

I don't know how I ever missed this image before but I LOVE IT!

My favorite part is towards the end the guy in the light blue shirt is just riding with his legs on the hood and his butt in the space between the seats and the dash.  After trying to stear it for a few seconds he just gives up and rolls off while moving.  Hahahahah!

5 minutes ago, GG said:

An infuriating headline on many levels:

How LaAdrian Waddle's injury affects New England Patriots' draft picks

The first thought is, "WTF, how does a Bills' player injury affect Pats* draft?"  Then it gets worse, because the article explains that Waddle going on IR virtually guarantees Pats* a 6th round comp pick.

What would be the point of Bills keeping Waddle on IR?

Cut by injury settlement seems like the common route.

2 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

What would be the point of Bills keeping Waddle on IR?

Cut by injury settlement seems like the common route.

You can't cut a player who's still injured, and Waddle's recovery will last past preseason.

21 hours ago, IslandBillsFan said:

I don't know how I ever missed this image before but I LOVE IT!

My favorite part is towards the end the guy in the light blue shirt is just riding with his legs on the hood and his butt in the space between the seats and the dash.  After trying to stear it for a few seconds he just gives up and rolls off while moving.  Hahahahah!

How about the guy in the white shirt and brown pants who is running towards it and then just falls to the turf before he gets to the cart?  It is funny given that no one. Was seriously hurt. 

4 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

You do an injury settlement which would allow him to sign somewhere in December if he wants.

I believe the injury settlement can only happen once the player is ruled healthy.  The player can then sign with any other team.  The team that cut the player must wait 8 weeks to sign post settlement.

3 hours ago, GG said:

I believe the injury settlement can only happen once the player is ruled healthy.  The player can then sign with any other team.  The team that cut the player must wait 8 weeks to sign post settlement.

The Bills just injury settled with Sirles who is in a cast.