LaAdrian Waddle carted off of practice - out for season with torn quad, placed on IR

30 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Winner of the internet for today: Good Bot

Also, Edit:

Apparently not THAT tough an MFer, Mrs. Waddle.

Right. Because tearing your quad is an indication that you're not tough. GTFO with that garbage.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Who's poking fun at him?

His wife, maybe. Social media is a disease.

You poked fun "at his wife" by insinuating that he wasn't tough because he tore a quad.

It's fine, maybe class and humor aren't your strong suit. I'm sure you have plenty of other strengths.

Just now, Logic said:

You poked fun "at his wife" by insinuating that he wasn't tough because he tore a quad.

It's fine, maybe class and humor aren't your strong suit. I'm sure you have plenty of other strengths.

:lol:

Look upthread. You'll see her tweet, cupcake.

2 hours ago, MR8 said:

Done-zo for the year it seems, on Waddle...

I could see them making a move to add another OT, and while you're right, Preseason will dictate a lot, I think this could prompt them to keep an extra O-Linemen too if they can't seem to figure out a proper swing tackle...

We're definitely looking at a potential trade situation now. Maybe our depth at RB and WR will come into play... Yeldon or one of our many WRs could be moved for a back up swing tackle... 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think they will give Conor McDermott a shot at that swing tackle role if they decide to keep Nsecke at starting RT and Ford at RG. If they move Ford back to RT, Nsecke is the swing tackle and Waddle may have been cut

Agree give some of these others a shot first.  I think you want the best 9 on the roster and let positions sort themselves out.  Really can't see them trading for a backup unless it's a very low level trade like a Duke Williams type of guy who isn't likely to make the roster anyway for a backup tackle.  May pick up a FA now, but would be surprised at a trade other than low level.  Likely there will be better options available come roster cut down day, than using resources on a trade now.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

5 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

:lol:

Look upthread. You'll see her tweet, cupcake.

Yes because saying someone that's hurt or ill is tough and that they'll keep their faith strong that things will work out some how is a completely ridiculous statement. I mean we can hardly blame you after such a strong statement goaded you into being an ass.

Edited by Warcodered

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yes because saying someone that's hurt or ill is tough and that they'll keep their faith strong that things will work out some how is a completely ridiculous statement. I mean we can hardly blame you after such a strong statement goaded you into being an ass.

Woo....so much virtue here. Let me put on my shades quick

Ideally Ford becomes your backup swing tackle, but an injury to dawkins would then have ford at RT, and Nseke moving to LT, and another guy coming on at RG - thats 3 changes for 1 injury.  Waddle has started 31 games in the league, including games the last 2 years. 

Our new 4th tackle could be one of wesley/mcdermott - who haven't even played 31 snaps in the NFL.  I know its a depth spot but that's a considerable drop-off.  Especially with the 3rd tackle possibly taking regular snaps at RG.

2 hours ago, dneveu said:

Ideally Ford becomes your backup swing tackle, but an injury to dawkins would then have ford at RT, and Nseke moving to LT, and another guy coming on at RG - thats 3 changes for 1 injury.  Waddle has started 31 games in the league, including games the last 2 years. 

Our new 4th tackle could be one of wesley/mcdermott - who haven't even played 31 snaps in the NFL.  I know its a depth spot but that's a considerable drop-off.  Especially with the 3rd tackle possibly taking regular snaps at RG.

So you want your second round draft pick on the bench?  Ford appears to be one of the top 5, thus he should play.

• Like (+1) 1