LaAdrian Waddle carted off of practice - out for season with torn quad, placed on IR

53 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Lets see how many miss the 3rd pre-season game first.  I think many of these are training camp injuries.  If this were regular season, they'd sit out most of the mid week practices, come back Thursday limited and be ready to go on Sunday.

If any do become an extended thing and it's someone they do like, could see them IR'ing him to hide him without cutting him.

Done-zo for the year it seems, on Waddle...

I could see them making a move to add another OT, and while you're right, Preseason will dictate a lot, I think this could prompt them to keep an extra O-Linemen too if they can't seem to figure out a proper swing tackle...

We're definitely looking at a potential trade situation now. Maybe our depth at RB and WR will come into play... Yeldon or one of our many WRs could be moved for a back up swing tackle... 

2 minutes ago, MR8 said:

Done-zo for the year it seems, on Waddle...

I could see them making a move to add another OT, and while you're right, Preseason will dictate a lot, I think this could prompt them to keep an extra O-Linemen too if they can't seem to figure out a proper swing tackle...

We're definitely looking at a potential trade situation now. Maybe our depth at RB and WR will come into play... Yeldon or one of our many WRs could be moved for a back up swing tackle... 

I think they will give Conor McDermott a shot at that swing tackle role if they decide to keep Nsecke at starting RT and Ford at RG. If they move Ford back to RT, Nsecke is the swing tackle and Waddle may have been cut

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think they will give Conor McDermott a shot at that swing tackle role if they decide to keep Nsecke at starting RT and Ford at RG. If they move Ford back to RT, Nsecke is the swing tackle and Waddle may have been cut

I mean you're definitely not wrong that they'll do that, but if they were high on McDermott's ability to play swing tackle, they wouldn't have added as many guys to the mix as they did.  

Beane is all about "churning the bottom of the roster"... Waddle is above that bottom tier, so I think this will get him very active in searching for a replacement...

Honestly there may not be one available, teams aren't going to readily move a viable back up swing tackle at this juncture for the exact reason we need one... potential injuries.

The only way we get a guy is if a team has extra and we have something to offer they really need... that's why I said RB or WR are our best trade bait right now.  But a move is unlikely.

But if the position doesn't shake out properly by cut downs, I expect to see the Bills shopping for a swing tackle at final cuts.  

39 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Image result for whos on first