Cody Ford takes 1st reps at RG

Long struggled at C for the Jets after playing pretty well at G for the Redskins.  He was also hurt the entire time he played C if I recall correctly.  

Nsehke is pretty good and it would just seem like a waste to only use him as backup tackle this year.  Nothing is stopping Ford from transitioning to RT next year if we so choose.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Didn’t the cowboys have a guard switch to right tackle after his second or third year? The guy who’s girlfriend got murdered before the draft

He was drafted to play tackle but they didn’t need a tackle so moved him to guard I believe 

The guy who had the draft day collapse? collins maybe? 

Ford did not look like an NFL tackle in the limited video I watched of him after the draft--too slow, lacking the athleticism a tackle needs.  Makes more sense at guard. The more experienced Nsekhe will start at right tackle.

It also means that the Bills are back in the market for a right tackle, maybe even before this season.

Probable starting Offensive line:

LT- Dawkins
LG- Spain
C- Morse
RG- Ford
RT- Nsekhe

But Ford needs to play better now at guard or won't start this year.

I like this, it seems like the best way to get our best 5 on the field. Ford can be the backup RT if Nsekhe gets hurt. Or if Dawkins gets hurt Nsekhe moves over to LT and Ford to RT. 

Dawkins Spain Morse Ford Nsekhe gives us the best chance to win

6 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Ford did not look like an NFL tackle in the limited video I watched of him after the draft--too slow, lacking the athleticism a tackle needs.  Makes more sense at guard. The more experienced Nsekhe will start at right tackle.

It also means that the Bills are back in the market for a right tackle, maybe even before this season.

Probable starting Offensive line:

LT- Dawkins
LG- Spain
C- Morse
RG- Ford
RT- Nsekhe

But Ford needs to play better now at guard or won't start this year.

Not unless Nskehe gets injured or severly declines.

Put the best 5 out there. If it puts Ford at RG, fine. He can always move to RT next year, or later this year. Maybe this is just contingency stuff at this point.  Just put the best guys together and let them get used to each other. 

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

Not unless Nskehe gets injured or severly declines.

Nskehe will be 34 this season so my point is the Bills are now in the market for long term right tackle. 

But if Nskehe plays great then, yes, the Bills will be less likely to start looking now.

Obviously we hope for the latter scenario.

It's totally possible, injuries aside, a reason for this move is that they want Ford immersed in the scheme, learning what the guard he potentially will play next to thinks, does, feels, etc. 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I suspect it is temporary. I still see the Bills giving him every chance to show he can play tackle. 

Agreed. In the Embedded series, you clearly see Beane view him as a Taxe when Carolina moves up...they wouldn't abandon it this quickly imo 

6 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Regarding people freaking out with Morse, I was under the impression that concussion recovery time was within a few weeks. Am I missing something?

There is a history there with him.  He could not make it through 2 days of training camp?  I would be VERY concerned.

+  - Bodine is a mess at Center.