Tom Brady signs extension

CNY315

Hopefully, this soaks up more of their cap space. And, maybe it makes it even less likely they can get their hands on somebody like Trent Williams, whom I think may be out of their price range. Although, I did just read that their RT, Marcus Cannon, just restructured his deal to provide more cap space.

2 hours ago, Geo in Pa said:

Mark my words, his Achilles is going to snap any time now, just like Marino. 

If they lose even one of their starting O-line, Brady* could be in serious trouble. They have always had a stellar O-line protecting Brady*, and this year is no different. But, Isaiah Wynn, listed as their starting LT, lost his entire rookie season to a torn achilles, and their thin beyond all their starters. And we do know that Brady* can be rattled with consistent pressure. 

Honestly, I'm glad that he signed an extension.  Gives us a few more shorts to win the division while he is still the Pats QB.  

to be the best you have to beat the best.  even if the best are super old

Edited by berg1029
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, cd1 said:

Sorry, I would prefer that the Bills rise up and steal whats left of TB12's playing years away from him.

At this point, I've already accepted his full 20 year career dominance against us (and the league in general). No way we sweep the Pats without Brady being a lesser version of himself. One win against them is an accomplishment.

3 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

You should be able to beat a 42 year old. 

I think at this point in time, we need to game plan for their O-line as much as for Brady*. Take away Brady’s* protection, and, at 42, he will fall apart. This is why they are relying more, and more on their running game. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Good, we'll see what he does with an average or rookie tight end.

In 2013 and 2016 Gronk only had 6 starts each season.  NE lost the AFCC in '13 without him.  Won the SB in 2016 without him.

I just read that Brady's* extension frees up about $5.5 mil in cap space, which puts them in a position to go after Trent Williams, if Washington is willing to trade him. The Pats* O-line could definitely fall to average this season, and that would be very bad for Brady*, and the Pats*. I have to believe that they are actively looking to upgrade that unit. If nothing else, they are thin at depth.

33 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

As soon as this author referred to "Roger Goodell’s tyrannical suspension in 2016" for having been caught cheating, I could not read any further.

His contract also allows him to be a FA in 2020 and he can''t be tagged

"Ian Rapoport of the NFL reports that the new Brady contract contains a clause that voids the agreement on the final day of the 2019 league year, and that prevents the Patriots from using the franchise tag or the transition tag on Brady in 2020. Thus, barring a new deal before the start of the 2020 league year in March, Brady will become a free agent."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/05/new-contract-puts-tom-brady-on-track-for-free-agency-in-2020/

Edited by Reed83HOF

28 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

His contract also allows him to be a FA in 2020 and he can''t be tagged

"Ian Rapoport of the NFL reports that the new Brady contract contains a clause that voids the agreement on the final day of the 2019 league year, and that prevents the Patriots from using the franchise tag or the transition tag on Brady in 2020. Thus, barring a new deal before the start of the 2020 league year in March, Brady will become a free agent."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/05/new-contract-puts-tom-brady-on-track-for-free-agency-in-2020/

Does anyone really believe he will ever wear a uni other than that of the Pats*? I know his ego drives him most of the time, but I don't see it happening.