Texans waive D’Onta Foreman (update - claimed by Colts)

1 minute ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I hope not. We've enough new faces on offense already. Getting everyone new on the same page quickly is a big task. Adding another O player who has talent but lacks maturity wouldn't increase the likelihood of success.

It’s a rb.  Not really that hard to break in. 

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The guy was just sitting as a FA forever and it wasn’t like he got a great contract.  Guys like him are easy to find. 

....you just never know.......remember when we signed some 1st round bust named Hughes?.....did you have the Deadskins' signing of 33 yr old AD for vet minimum and getting 1,024 yds rushing in return?....or let's go back to Shaun Alexander....Seahawks give him one of the first RB megadeals ($60+ mil) and the guy went down faster than the Hindenburg.....ain't so easy when you have no clue what's between their ears.....

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s a rb.  Not really that hard to break in. 

Everything takes time. Coaching a player takes time. A minute spent working on a rb's maturity is a minute not spent coaching football to a guy like Singletary. 

This organization places a premium on character. When a 3rd round pick is shown the door because he needs to grow up then I wouldn't guess that he's high character. 

He may well be salvageable but I don't think we have the bandwidth considering where we are in the rebuild and the date on the calendar.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ProcessAccepted said:

Everything takes time. Coaching a player takes time. A minute spent working on a rb's maturity is a minute not spent coaching football to a guy like Singletary. 

This organization places a premium on character. When a 3rd round pick is shown the door because he needs to grow up then I wouldn't guess that he's high character. 

He may well be salvageable but I don't think we have the bandwidth considering where we are in the rebuild and the date on the calendar.  

We just tried to trade for Antonio Brown.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

He tore his acl or achilles two seasons ago. Last year there was a lot of conflicting information about his rehab/progress between the team and the player.

He is a talented guy, I’m not sure how healthy he is. Take a look at him. I wouldn’t dismiss anyone based on Hardo BillyO’s opinion. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....you just never know.......remember when we signed some 1st round bust named Hughes?.....did you have the Deadskins' signing of 33 yr old AD for vet minimum and getting 1,024 yds rushing in return?....or let's go back to Shaun Alexander....Seahawks give him one of the first RB megadeals ($60+ mil) and the guy went down faster than the Hindenburg.....ain't so easy when you have no clue what's between their ears.....

We traded for Hughes, who was a 1st rounder at a premier position.  Also, AD compared to Yeldon???

but I hope you’re right.  I would take a 7th and think that was a great deal for us.

No wonder Gaine was fired.  That RB room is horrid, just like their O-line.  Probably going to waste another year of Watson and that great D.  Dumb, they're going to lose Clowney next year and Watt isn't getting any younger.  They should be all-in on this year.

1 hour ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Yeldon would be the obvious trade chip here. Could depend on how comfortable they feel about singletary right now

Why would trading a young player with little to no salary cap ramifications, be a better move than trading away an aging veteran in Shady?

I understand that McCoy is a name, and at one point had some star power, but those days are LONG LONG GONE. I’m honestly not even sure why he is on this team. 

Yeldon Gore Singletary, seems like something to move forward with, even if it’s just for this season. 

32 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

We traded for Hughes, who was a 1st rounder at a premier position.  Also, AD compared to Yeldon???

but I hope you’re right.  I would take a 7th and think that was a great deal for us.

...slow down there Big Dawg.....the Hughes trade was HARDLY met with enthusiasm...do NOT try and tell me there were NOT multiple trepidations here and on the former BBMB site about trading for the "1st round bust Hughes".....let's just be honest....secondly, who the hell compared AD to Yeldon?...sure as hell was NOT me.....point was Deadskins gambled and won.....as far as Yeldon and what the Bills' EXPECTATIONS are, we have no idea yet, but I would GUESS a part is his pass catching prowess to supplement Allen's arsenal........

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Gaine connection might be better served in regard to Clowney.

screw Foreman

we have Devin !

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

We just tried to trade for Antonio Brown.

Not exactly  lol

38 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Shady and Shaq for Clowney straight up.

is Clowney really all that ?

1 minute ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Trade his sorry ass for a 7th and be done with him.

you seem emotional

Know nothing about Foreman, but if picking him up on the cheap was a precursor for cutting/trading McCoy Id be all for it.  When it comes down to it I really want the Bills to save the $6 5M against the cap that theyd save by cutting McCoy.

For those that argue.....the Bills dont need the cap space......dont forget: cap space can be rolled over to next year.  That $6.5M saved this year could go toward a quality FA next year.