Willis McGahee retiring as a Raven

McGahee never wanted to be here. Didn't he say that Buffalo was boring? He couldn't find enough to do at night?

40 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

He was a good, not a legendary RB for the Bills.  I don't know that he was ever really happy as a Bill.  I don't know that he could leave fast enough.  It's always interesting to me that Frank Gore was his predecessor at Miami.

Here is Gore still going at it!

15 minutes ago, chris heff said:

McGahee was a head scratching draft pick, Tom Donahoe was a nitwit.

Just like Bledsoe, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Willis was a Ralph mandate.

11 years isn’t too bad though, I never thought he would’ve played that long in the league after seeing his last play at the U.

2 hours ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Good for him, but it is a damn shame he wouldn't retire as a Bill

...I highly doubt that was even a consideration.....he wanted the "Marshawn Express" outta town......which one of our illustrious HC's had him bulk up which was a disaster?...

33 minutes ago, chris heff said:

McGahee was a head scratching draft pick, Tom Donahoe was a nitwit.

Yes, really a bad choice imho.  Yes, after he healed he was an ok running back.  But, he could have been great had he not had the acl surgery .  He came back a step or two slower.....

9 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

I remember he came back one offseason boasting that he had stopped lifting weights or bench press or something. He wasn’t a very good NFL player within the next few seasons.

...didn't one of our "braintrusts" have him bulk up  with 15-20 lbs of muscle?........put him north of 245 if I remember correctly.....a/k/a the "BledSLOW Effect".....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

21 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...didn't one of our "braintrusts" have him bulk up  with 15-20 lbs of muscle?........put him north of 245 if I remember correctly.....a/k/a the "BledSLOW Effect".....

Could very well be the case, someone else mentioned something similar. My memory was either from his last season as a Bill or first as a Raven.

Just now, Troll Toll said:

Could very well be the case, someone else mentioned something similar. My memory was either from his last season as a Bill or first as a Raven.

...thought it was Buffalo, but could very well be ANOTHER "senior moment"....dammit............

Stupid player picked by a stupid GM.  One of the most overrated Bills ever.  

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

McGahee was traded to the Baltimore Ravens before the 2007 season

The Bills received third and seventh round picks in the 2007 NFL Draft and a third round pick in the 2008 NFL Draft.[15]

That’s actually really good value for a rb.

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Stupid player picked by a stupid GM.  One of the most overrated Bills ever.  

That’s actually really good value for a rb.

Yep. I was stunned when Donahoe picked him. It's stupid choices like this one that kept the Bills down for 20 years

1 minute ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Yep. I was stunned when Donahoe picked him. It's stupid choices like this one that kept the Bills down for 20 years

And Roscoe Parrish.  It was TD always tried to make the flashy move.  The worst part is Ralph have him plenty control and after he got fired, Ralph took back control. 

Does he have to pass a drug test like S Jackson?

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Just like Bledsoe, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Willis was a Ralph mandate.

11 years isn’t too bad though, I never thought he would’ve played that long in the league after seeing his last play at the U.

Actually, Donahoe had to pound the table and talk him into it.