Mass shooting at El Paso Walmart/and also Dayton OH

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I am no conspiracy theorist by any stretch.  But this particular shooting's unanswered questions have always troubled me.

As it should any thinking American. It has nothing to do with conspiracy or partisan politics and everything to do with wanting to find the truth about the event. 

The media's lack of interest in it, compared to the tragedies which followed, is also interesting. That's not a conspiratorial statement, but one of fact. 

• Like (+1) 1

In his first formal statement on the deadly mass shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, over the weekend, President Trump on Monday condemned the “evil” and “wicked” attacks that killed 29 people and injured more than 50 others.

The president also condemned “racism, bigotry and white supremacy” while blaming the internet, video games and “mental illness” for the massacres.

Yup nothing at all to do with guns and gun control.  bravo 

or the 2 or 3 years he's had to FIX this problem.  

7 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

In his first formal statement on the deadly mass shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, over the weekend, President Trump on Monday condemned the “evil” and “wicked” attacks that killed 29 people and injured more than 50 others.

The president also condemned “racism, bigotry and white supremacy” while blaming the internet, video games and “mental illness” for the massacres.

I never got the guns kill angle... there is a 9mm 6' from me right now and I'm pretty sure it isn't going to jump up and start killing us. I'd have to go with the internet, video games, and mental illness.

10 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Let's be honest. No matter what he says or does it wont be enough for some. Not one or two pages ago someone was complaining that he didn't condemn white supremacy. So he's done that, but you'll never hear that person give him any credit for it. 

3 minutes ago, T&C said:

I never got the guns kill angle... there is a 9mm 6' from me right now and I'm pretty sure it isn't going to jump up and start killing us. I'd have to go with the internet, video games, and mental illness.

Playing video games does not make a mass murderer.   (I've been playing shoot em ups for 30 years ...  no murders so far)

I confess to not have followed these stories closely, but I think this has more to do with automatic weapons other than a 9 mm handgun.  

Just now, RaoulDuke79 said:

Let's be honest. No matter what he says or does it wont be enough for some. Not one or two pages ago someone was complaining that he didn't condemn white supremacy. So he's done that, but you'll never hear that person give him any credit for it. 

this is true.  

Actions are needed and not further platitudes like "Prayers and Wishes" and "we need to do something". 

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

Playing video games does not make a mass murderer.   (I've been playing shoot em ups for 30 years ...  no murders so far)

And what would you say to someone who said: "I've been hunting and shooting guns for 30 years... no murders so far"

Because that's a reality too. 

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

And what would you say to someone who said: "I've been hunting and shooting guns for 30 years... no murders so far"

Because that's a reality too. 

Of course it is.   I own 3 guns myself. 

How long have people been pushing for background checks>  5 years, 10, 15, 30? 

Lets solve this and not keep kicking the can down the road. 

This shite has got to stop

A Southwest Ohio politician has stirred anger for a Sunday post on social media in which she blamed mass shootings on "drag queen advocates," "homosexual marriage," open borders and even former President Barack Obama. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ohio-politician-blames-mass-shootings-103223388.html

Video games and now homosexuality? 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

Of course it is.   I own 3 myself. 

How long have people been pushing for background checks>  5 years, 10, 15, 30? 

Lets solve this and not keep kicking the can down the road. 

The solution isn't as simple as it being just one thing -- whether it be guns, games, or political ideologies.

The solution starts with being able to have an honest conversation about the multitude of causes without sliding into partisan mudslinging.  We've yet to show we're capable of that kind of reason and logic as a nation. Largely because those at the top in the media and politics don't want reason and logic to prevail, because it would limit their ability to sensationalize for ratings/political purposes respectively. 

imo :beer: 

• Like (+1) 3

It also starts / ends with the people that are in the spotlight every day.

When you dish out derision hourly some people believe that it is now OK to repeat those actions.

When you speak of unity and community as good thing it might change minds 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

It starts with the people that are in the spotlight every day.

When you dish out derision hourly some people believe that it is now OK to repeat those actions.

I don't disagree -- but the offenders in the spotlight are bi-partisan. There isn't one side or the other that's got the moral high ground on this issue -- despite both trying to claim it. The reality is that the people in the spotlight don't want unity. They want division. That goes for politicians and pundits on the right, left, center, and fringes. They want us to be fighting with one another rather than solving the problems.

That's how they remain in power and in the spotlight. That's how they fund raise and raise their own personal profiles -- which in turns gives them more power, wealth, and control over the ones they pit against each other.

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I don't disagree -- but the offenders in the spotlight are bi-partisan. There isn't one side or the other that's got the moral high ground on this issue -- despite both trying to claim it. The reality is that the people in the spotlight don't want unity. They want division. That goes for politicians and pundits on the right, left, center, and fringes. They want us to be fighting with one another rather than solving the problems.

That's how they remain in power and in the spotlight. That's how they fund raise and raise their own personal profiles -- which in turns gives them more power, wealth, and control over the ones they pit against each other.

and its a reason I am all for term limits on ANY office.  

get the heard heads out and some new thinkers in 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, AllenLongBall said:

Oh boy...  Gun control is a non-starter.  Guns are not the root of the problem...

access to them by certain people is.  

and these type of stories

Scaramucci: ‘There’s Definitely Linkage’ Between Trump’s Immigration Language and Shootings

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

President Trump Blames “Fake News” For Stoking “Anger And Rage”; Murdoch’s New York Post Calls For “Weapons Of War” Ban

Just now, AllenLongBall said:

You have to heavily profile to find said "certain" people.  That's the issue.

Oh gawd, now it's Trumps fault, lol.

yes, you do.  

Correct me if I am wrong - the NRA has been fighting this for a while hasn't it?  

I'm not sure we have a gun problem, per se.

We have a general health crisis, and within that, a mental health crisis in this country.

People with mental illness all too easily fall through the cracks in this society, largely because this society is not concerned with their plight.

You add in easy access to firearms, and it's a powder keg waiting to explode.

And it does, about once a week, these days.

Edited by Nextmanup

55 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

This is just a touchy subject my friend. We should be praying for the victims

But gun control won't help the problem because criminals can get guns anywhere on the black market

They're criminal's they break the law and that's a fact. They will get their hands on whatever they want

There is no easy or right answer because this is too big of a hot button issue

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1