Mass shooting at El Paso Walmart/and also Dayton OH

16 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I don't recommend pulling a gun on a cop trying to search your vehicle. Nor shooting someone over a perceived infringement of your right to assemble. 

The second amendment doesn't guarantee anything. The Constitution does. You can argue that it might afford some ersatz protection, but your rights are guaranteed by the judicial system and not the second amendment.

Our rights in the Constitution are given by God in my opinion

The paper just puts it into the history

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

,^ this guy ?

I really believe the good ole USA should go the Canada route. Rifles, handguns and shotguns are legal. All gun owners must register their gun and have them locked up when not in use. 

As far as the mentally ill issue and these mass shootings, health care paid for by the government like Canada would do wonders. It does go against the whole caring for your neighbor thing. Any time it has been brought up, you hear a lot of Americans against paying for their neighbors care. Americans need to get over the me-first attitude. 

I take it you're a Canadian. Only a Canadian could be this ignorant about the USA. Then again, I suppose you could be another victim of the NEA staffed public school system.

Edited by Joe in Winslow
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I take it you're a Canadian. Only a Canadian could be this ignorant about the USA. Then again, I suppose you could be another victim of the NEA staffed public school system.

What is wrong with what I posted. What is bad about banning all automatic weapons and free health care?

Just now, RaoulDuke79 said:

Automatic weapons are already banned, and free healthcare isn't "free".

It may not be free but I am glad to pay with my taxes for my health care instead of going into debt for any surgeries. Then again that goes against the attitude of a lot of Americans in helping their neighbors 

1 minute ago, Jrb1979 said:

It may not be free but I am glad to pay with my taxes for my health care instead of going into debt for any surgeries. Then again that goes against the attitude of a lot of Americans in helping their neighbors 

so far...you think only people in wny drink light beer.  you think because fans are excited about football, they don't like the summer.  now you show your ignorance on health care and life in general.  you're a low level favorite of mine.

1 hour ago, frostbitmic said:

Too bad thoughts and prayers don't work .... **** it, lets continue doing nothing, it's working well.

Why don’t you start knocking on doors and attempt to confiscate people’s guns?

4 minutes ago, teef said:

so far...you think only people in wny drink light beer.  you think because fans are excited about football, they don't like the summer.  now you show your ignorance on health care and life in general.  you're a low level favorite of mine.

Explain to me my ignorance of health care? All I have ever seen is people in the US up in arms whenever they mention the government covering the insurance. All because most don't want their taxes raised. 

1 minute ago, Jrb1979 said:

Explain to me my ignorance of health care? All I have ever seen is people in the US up in arms whenever they mention the government covering the insurance. All because most don't want their taxes raised. 

i think it has to do with how people feel about private insurance.  many, including me think it's superior, but the problem is the expense.  not everyone has access to it.  even payment for good insurance can vary.  for example, we have incredibly good insurance.  we pay $30 every pay period, (no more than $50) because we get it through my wife's work.  if my wife didn't work for the local school system, my out of pocket expense for the month would be $1500...for the exact same insurance.  

the quality of care is always under question with government based insurance.  my brother in law is from lloydminster. his mother was sick with breast cancer, and the stories we heard about care lacked something to be desired.  2 and a half hour trips to the provider, months to get appointments, etc.  in all fairness, that may be a lloyddminster problem.

not all people in the US are against the government regulated, (if that's the right term) insurance.  you have a tendency of taking the few things you experience, and extrapolating them to a large population.

3 minutes ago, teef said:

i think it has to do with how people feel about private insurance.  many, including me think it's superior, but the problem is the expense.  not everyone has access to it.  even payment for good insurance can vary.  for example, we have incredibly good insurance.  we pay $30 every pay period, (no more than $50) because we get it through my wife's work.  if my wife didn't work for the local school system, my out of pocket expense for the month would be $1500...for the exact same insurance.  

the quality of care is always under question with government based insurance.  my brother in law is from lloydminster. his mother was sick with breast cancer, and the stories we heard about care lacked something to be desired.  2 and a half hour trips to the provider, months to get appointments, etc.  in all fairness, that may be a lloyddminster problem.

not all people in the US are against the government regulated, (if that's the right term) insurance.  you have a tendency of taking the few things you experience, and extrapolating them to a large population.

As far as your Brother in-law, it probably is a Llyodminster thing as it's a smaller town. I still would take our government paid system over insurance based system. I know the company would pay for my insurance as they already cover any medical in the U.S. when I travel.   

It may not be a large population against government paid insurance, but there is alot of them against more taxes. All you need to look at is a new Bills stadium. A lot of Bills fans don't want higher taxes to pay for it. 

11 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

As far as your Brother in-law, it probably is a Llyodminster thing as it's a smaller town. I still would take our government paid system over insurance based system. I know the company would pay for my insurance as they already cover any medical in the U.S. when I travel.   

It may not be a large population against government paid insurance, but there is alot of them against more taxes. All you need to look at is a new Bills stadium. A lot of Bills fans don't want higher taxes to pay for it. 

yeah...you definitely need to look beyond how fans feel about using taxes for a new stadium to understand how they feel about "government paid insurance".  you need to look far, far beyond that.  also, the government doesn't pay your insurance.  you do.  with very, very expensive taxes.  

Edited by teef

2 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

,^ this guy ?

I really believe the good ole USA should go the Canada route. Rifles, handguns and shotguns are legal. All gun owners must register their gun and have them locked up when not in use. 

As far as the mentally ill issue and these mass shootings, health care paid for by the government like Canada would do wonders. It does go against the whole caring for your neighbor thing. Any time it has been brought up, you hear a lot of Americans against paying for their neighbors care. Americans need to get over the me-first attitude. 

Switzerland has interesting gun laws.  They have a lot of guns - 2 million in a nation of 8 million (including babies).  It's quite common for families to go to the range and shoot together.  " Switzerland hasn't had a mass shooting since 2001, when a man stormed the local parliament in Zug, killing 14 people and then himself. ........ In 2016, the country had 47 attempted homicides with firearms. The country's overall murder rate is near zero. "

Many Swiss see gun ownership as part of a patriotic duty to protect their homeland - a lot of the same language people who favor gun ownership here might say.

But the Swiss have very specific regulations on guns.  They have mandatory military training, of which safe gun use is an important part.  Military veterans may purchase their weapon, but they must obtain a permit.  Gun sellers have to follow strict licensing procedures, and Cantons (roughly equivalent to our states, but the size of a large US county) issue permits and keep a log of guns owned in their jurisdiction.  Gun owners who want to carry their weapon for "defensive purposes" must prove they can properly load, unload, and shoot their weapon and must pass a test to get a license.  And yes, guns need to be locked up when not in use and safed when being transported.

We require people to prove they can safely drive a car and restrict the licenses of people not able to operate a vehicle safely (impaired vision, interlock after drunk driving).  I like guns, I use guns, but I don't understand where the fanatical foaming refusal to allow any kind of regulations on guns comes from.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Switzerland has interesting gun laws.  They have a lot of guns - 2 million in a nation of 8 million (including babies).  It's quite common for families to go to the range and shoot together.  " Switzerland hasn't had a mass shooting since 2001, when a man stormed the local parliament in Zug, killing 14 people and then himself. ........ In 2016, the country had 47 attempted homicides with firearms. The country's overall murder rate is near zero. "

Many Swiss see gun ownership as part of a patriotic duty to protect their homeland - a lot of the same language people who favor gun ownership here might say.

But the Swiss have very specific regulations on guns.  They have mandatory military training, of which safe gun use is an important part.  Military veterans may purchase their weapon, but they must obtain a permit.  Gun sellers have to follow strict licensing procedures, and Cantons (roughly equivalent to our states, but the size of a large US county) issue permits and keep a log of guns owned in their jurisdiction.  Gun owners who want to carry their weapon for "defensive purposes" must prove they can properly load, unload, and shoot their weapon and must pass a test to get a license.  And yes, guns need to be locked up when not in use and safed when being transported.

We require people to prove they can safely drive a car and restrict the licenses of people not able to operate a vehicle safely (impaired vision, interlock after drunk driving).  I like guns, I use guns, but I don't understand where the fanatical foaming refusal to allow any kind of regulations on guns comes from.

But what about the criminals that carry handguns illegally? What type of test do they have to pass?

4 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

But what about the criminals that carry handguns illegally? What type of test do they have to pass?

Nothing's perfect.  But, I can't see why more screening and background checks would be a bad thing

• Like (+1) 1

I saw today that donald Trump advocates policing social media now THIS post will definitely stir the pot.

Trump wants social media to detect mass shooters before they commit crimes

What’s more likely is that all sorts of speech — and people — would get swept up in the technology dragnets Trump seems to be proposing.

By Rani Molla@ranimolla Aug 5, 2019, 5:30pm EDT

https://www.vox.com/recode/2019/8/5/20754790/trump-social-media-detect-shooter-crime

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Over 80% of mass shootings in the U.S. have been carried out by white U.S. citizens with legally obtained firearms.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

,^ this guy ?

What guns are illegal in Canada?  

Sorry late to this thread

I really dont have a problem submitted to a background check tor my gun.   I used to actually collect them when I was in the military but gave them all up and only have something for home defense.

I know that might make some angry.....but dont really have a problem registering or submitting to a background check.

9 hours ago, muppy said:

mr/ms unbillievable LOL very respectfully on the bolded can you please post. links? I don't know you from Adam why should I believe what you post? I need to see this in print no offense me not taking your word for it. Im mostly a football chatter not guns Im just going to kindly call you on a couple of things. Youre talking to ME now, just muppy. Its obvious to YOU that we need arming I choose to arm myself with a very territorial and none to pleased with strangers pitbull Dog so please don't try to sell me there are no alternatives to guns HA ? 2nd Amendment is Great!

and again, please no offense if you don't care to reply your call But forme if you want to post absolutes rhetoric you really should use links so it is proven factual to skeptics. Does that seem fair to ask? Thanks. m

Here's a link.

8 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

What is wrong with what I posted. What is bad about banning all automatic weapons and free health care?

Couple of things:

1) automatic weapons are illegal in most circumstances already.

2) free healthcare isn't free. Even the idiots who want to expand Medicare to everyone don't understand that people on Medicare not only pay taxes for it, THEY ALSO PAY A MONTHLY PREMIUM.

3) individual responsibility is a key part of our culture. Take that away and we're just another nation of loyal subjects.