Sign in to follow this  
Joe in Winslow

Do you like curry?

For those who want to give it a try, follow this woman's instruction for some Chicken tikka masala.

I have cooked this dish, just as she describes it, many times now and it works really well.

Only thing I have changed is adding some chicken thigh meat to the white meat as well.  You get a bit more flavor out of the darker meat.

On 8/4/2019 at 9:22 AM, mead107 said:

What’s curry ? 

You put it on your sidewalk and it melts snow/ice.

Just now, Marv's Neighbor said:

You put it on your sidewalk and it melts snow/ice.

Will have to try that 🧐

Love curry.

Butter chicken is one of my favorite meals

On 8/11/2019 at 2:38 AM, Nextmanup said:

For those who want to give it a try, follow this woman's instruction for some Chicken tikka masala.

I have cooked this dish, just as she describes it, many times now and it works really well.

Only thing I have changed is adding some chicken thigh meat to the white meat as well.  You get a bit more flavor out of the darker meat.

Chicken Tikka Masala originates from Scotland. A customer was unhappy with the dryness of his dish in an Indian restaurant in Glasgow (I think). The chef responded by tipping some tomato soup into it and the Chicken Tikka Masla was born.

I'm a big Indian food fan. I tend to choose something off the chef or house specials menu as to get something different in each restaurant I go to. If I see something described as given to the staff after work I go for that. 

When my partner was pregnant with our son she craved Indian food. My son loves it. He's not a big eater so he's always happy with the chicken tikka starter with some plain rice and a pile of popadoms and mango chutney dip.

If you ever find yourself in London head to Brick Lane or Southall. The food there is fantastic. 

With me being from the north there are also some great curry towns. West Yorkshire being particularly great. 

On 8/10/2019 at 1:43 AM, Joe in Winslow said:

I had no idea curry was used in Japanese cuisine, now I want to try that.

Yeah, it's not what most people think of when you say "Japanese food", but it's true.

Compared to the South Asian varieties, Japanese curry is a bit more like a spicy stew with a thick roux; very hearty and delicious.

curry rice, katsu curry (breaded pork cutlet), and  curry pan (soft bread rolls with curry filling) are the 3 big ones in my family.