Do you like curry?

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Personally love the stuff.  Fiance hates it.  I'll eat any kind of curry, Jamaican, Indian, Thai, Chinese. How about you?

Would eat Stephen Curry?

• Haha (+1) 1

I have a friend who is an Indian guy from Malaysia. He cooks all kinds of stuff that are for me, well......foreign. I cook a lot, but my goal is to branch out and do more with unfamiliar ingredients....like curry. 

We did go to dinner at the home of a British guy who had a strong curry dish. He advised we “go home and pop a roll of toilet tissue in the freezer, you might need it in the morning!” ?

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I'll eat any kind of curry...

8 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Would eat Stephen Curry?

7 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

No. 

No further questions, Your Honour.

?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
?
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

I have a friend who is an Indian guy from Malaysia. He cooks all kinds of stuff that are for well......foreign to me. I cook a lot, but my goal is to branch out and do more with unfamiliar ingredients....like curry. 

We did go to dinner at the home of a British guy who had a strong curry dish. He advised we “go home and pop a roll of toilet tissue in the freezer, you might need it in the morning!” ?

Curry's actually supposed to be really good for your digestive system. All i know is, it's delicious.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Personally love the stuff.  Fiance hates it.  I'll eat any kind of curry, Jamaican, Indian, Thai, Chinese. How about you?

Love it! My cousins in Louisiana add it to their boils...great wet run too.

To this day I can't make Jamaica jerk chicken worth a (fill in the blank).I dry rub then bath in yogurt...my next attempt..I will do a total wet rub.

I know what I want for supper tomorrow.??

41 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I love it all.  Dericious!

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Thai curry is among my favorite foods.  Especially love the green curry with roasted duck.

That sounds darn good..with the grease from the duck do you dry rub under the skin or run into the skin..if it's #2..it must come out killer crispy.

10 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Love it! My cousins in Louisiana add it to their boils...great wet run too.

To this day I can't make Jamaica jerk chicken worth a (fill in the blank).I dry rub then bath in yogurt...my next attempt..I will do a total wet rub.

I know what I want for supper tomorrow.??

I'll marinate boneless, skinless thighs in Jamaican curry overnight, then grill them over charcoal and at the very end, use a little spicy BBQ sauce to form a nice glaze. Perfect.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I'll marinate boneless, skinless thighs in Jamaican curry overnight, then grill them over charcoal and at the very end, use a little spicy BBQ sauce to form a nice glaze. Perfect.

Knockin' me out with those American thighs!

5 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

That sounds darn good..with the grease from the duck do you dry rub under the skin or run into the skin..if it's #2..it must come out killer crispy.

I’ve never made it.  It usually is a mix of breast and leg meat with crispy skin.  Looooooove the stuff.

• Like (+1) 1

I grew tired of the coconut milk based stuff, plus the saturated fat content is totally off the charts. 

Now Mr Kook's Chicken Curry sauce has become my favorite.  It's in a jar so it's ready as fast as I can bake the chicken, 

and I've become addicted to its nice strong onion and ginger flavor. 

Served over Uncle Ben's 90-second microwave basmati rice, now that's a quick easy tasty weekday meal 

24 minutes ago, coloradobillsfan said:

I grew tired of the coconut milk based stuff, plus the saturated fat content is totally off the charts. 

Now Mr Kook's Chicken Curry sauce has become my favorite.  It's in a jar so it's ready as fast as I can bake the chicken, 

and I've become addicted to its nice strong onion and ginger flavor. 

Served over Uncle Ben's 90-second microwave basmati rice, now that's a quick easy tasty weekday meal 

The Uncle Ben's 90 second rice is great stuff.  The Spanish rice tastes nearly exactly what I grew up with from my grandmother's (from Puerto Rico) and my mom's (taught by her mom) cooking.  I also love the Basmati.

The coconut milk based stuff ... I agree ... delicious, but can get old kind of quickly.

• Like (+1) 1