Man Versus Fire Hydrant

TSNBDSC

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2019 at 11:31 PM, Marv's Neighbor said:

Hydrant water is nasty!  Usually brown and rusty, borderline sewage!

I saw a video of some FF's flushing a hydrant the other day. First it came out brown, then black, until eventually going clear. Took several minutes though.

Side note, I have been in a building when one of the heads on the sprinkler system broke. Same situation, the initial downpour was black and smelly water. 

I've never worked as a firefighter, but I'd bet some good money this guy was doing something wrong, this never should have been allowed to happen, and his colleagues will be making jokes about this for the remainder of his career.

Kind of like when Dick f-ing Cheney shot his friend in the face while "hunting".

Hunters don't shoot their friends in the face.  People who have no f-ing clue what they are doing shoot their friends in the face.

I'm sure there is a protocol for turning on a hydrant that makes it impossible to be blown off your feet if you know what you are doing.

19 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I've never worked as a firefighter, but I'd bet some good money this guy was doing something wrong, this never should have been allowed to happen, and his colleagues will be making jokes about this for the remainder of his career.

Kind of like when Dick f-ing Cheney shot his friend in the face while "hunting".

Hunters don't shoot their friends in the face.  People who have no f-ing clue what they are doing shoot their friends in the face.

I'm sure there is a protocol for turning on a hydrant that makes it impossible to be blown off your feet if you know what you are doing.

The only one who has no f-ing clue about bird hunting is you.  You are unlikely to die, but the chance of getting shot can be very large. 

Once a covey of quail go up, 3 dimensionally they can and will fly any direction except straight into the ground.   It is hard enough to gun track a single bird in that chaos, let alone decide if a shot is safe in those couple seconds before the bird is out of range.  Hunter party positions and safe shooting angles are worked out before the flush ever happens.

Cheney's buddy went back to the truck and popped back unannounced at the moment a covey flushes.  Incredibly bad luck but he should have announced himself well before then.

But, to throw you a bone, they claimed Cheney shot him at 50 yards, which is garbage as the 9 shot probably couldn't even break skin at that range.  The pattern spread (lower face and torso) and chest wall penetration suggest to me the shot occured around 15-20yards.

19 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Yes there is.  It's called don't stand in front of the outlets.  That's why one side is clear of any outlets.