New Era "Return of the Blue and Red" Practice 8/2 night

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I don't think it's a coincidence that after Morse got injured and they started playing mix and match that the line has been struggling.

It is not coincidence:

1) Morse went out

2) OL started struggling

3) Observers started commenting stuff like "Josh Allen's worst day of practice to date" "Allen didn't look good today" with the more astute adding "Allen faced strong pressure on more than 50% of his dropbacks"

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Hm. I guess I stand corrected- I thought Sweeney was a better blocker. 

Do we think Kroft is a lock? I don't see an odd man out and 5 TE's seem's heavy, especially if we keep DiMarco.

Kroft is definitely a lock. They gave him too much money. Sweeney is a pretty good blocker, yes. He's a pretty good receiver and runs pretty good routes. He actually has great hands (so not just pretty good at everything). He's just not all that fast or agile or elusive. Good but not standout. Smith doesn't even run patterns.

• Haha (+1) 9

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That whole thing with this Will Lucas kid sponsored by "Stone's Buddies" was just TCTL (too cute to live). 

Nice to see the players just really buying in to give that kid a special experience including everyone clustering around him after his "touchdown" jumping up and down

I wonder if Jerry Sullivan will hammer Beane so another injured player signing?

• Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

That's a good point... If it is fourth down, it's probably a better outcome than a punt with how our punters have been... 

Three go routes looks to me like a fourth and long situation, end of half type stuff. Basically meaningless imo

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Maybe.  They let RayRay marinate a year on PS and it's reported he looks much improved.

No reason they won't try that again.

McCloud overall looked good tonight.  Seems the reports where he is locking down the 6th spots are accurate.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Anyone able to diagnose what was supposed to happen?  @Buffalo716?

It's a really bad angle but it looks like a TE pulling or tackle?

The Patriots are notorious for pulling linesman on pass plays and this is what it looks like from 25 yards to me

He just ran into Allen 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

After a week of T.C.  I think the offense is farther along than I expected.  The Oline is Dawkins, Spain, Morse, open, Ford or Nyske.  The best 5 move Ford to LG play Nyske at RT have Waddle be the swing tackle.  I think they will be stubborn because of Fords potential at RT and keep him there.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That’s the SAME int he threw 2 or 3 times last year. It’s also the SAME pass he threw 3 long completions last year as well. (2 to Ivory, 1 to McCoy). SMH. I can live with those as long as he improves on other area in the passing game.