New Era "Return of the Blue and Red" Practice 8/2 night

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

This is the exact throw that made Johnny Manziel a college success.. The difference is he was throwing to the man giant Mike Evans, not the pre-pubescent Cole Beasley. They did a good job flipping the WR room, but there's still a size void there. Hopefully it's something we can add in the future. 

Well that's one difference.  The other is in college, Manziel was throwing against college safeties. 

Can't do that in the NFL, even with Mike Evans.

Agree we could use size, but unless Williams stops double-clutching his balls, don't see it this season

PS man that sounds crude ??

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Haha (+1) 2

Tommy Sweeney is making this team. His name just fits in the blue collar feel of the team... Plus, we know he's kneecapped someone for the Irish Mob before...

Tommy Sweeney was amazing on Peaky Blinders.

And his grandfather is Arnold Palmer.

Edited by Kelly the Dog
  • Haha (+1) 8

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well that's one difference.  The other is in college, Manziel was throwing against college safeties. 

Agree we could use size, but unless Williams stops double-clutching his balls, don't see it this season

To be fair he has gotten away with several times last season a couple times to Ivory and once to McCoy and I think he had one he connected on today.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

PS man that sounds crude ??

Mike Evens still does this sometimes though. He's a guy whose skillset would be a match made in heaven with Allen. Maybe they'll bomb hardcore and tear it all down and we'll get him in for a 5th rounder. :P

Yeah... That sounds like something you hear about the creepy co-worker getting diagnosed with and having to go to a mental facility....

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

This is the exact throw that made Johnny Manziel a college success.. The difference is he was throwing to the man giant Mike Evans, not the pre-pubescent Cole Beasley. They did a good job flipping the WR room, but there's still a size void there. Hopefully it's something we can add in the future. 

If that wasn't a 4th down rep I'd be very surprised

Tommy Sweeney is making this team. His name just fits in the blue collar feel of the team... Plus, we know he's kneecapped someone for the Irish Mob before...

I think he probably had a place on the practice squad at least coming in but he's definitely making a case not to risk leaving him there.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

I think he probably had a place on the practice squad at least coming in but he's definitely making a case not to risk leaving him there.

Not like we have depth at the position anyways... I think it'll be Knox, Sweeney, Smith, and Kroft on pup. Then, when Croft is healthy, they will either send Sweeney to PS or get rid of Smith- those two seem redundant- I prefer Sweeney as he's got more potential and is a nice wildcard. 

Not like we have depth at the position anyways... I think it'll be Knox, Sweeney, Smith, and Kroft on pup. Then, when Croft is healthy, they will either send Sweeney to PS or get rid of Smith- those two seem redundant- I prefer Sweeney as he's got more potential and is a nice wildcard. 

I don't see Sweeney and Smith as redundant at all. Sweeney is the type that can do everything pretty good and nothing extraordinary. Smith blocks extraordinary and is lousy at everything else.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, whatdrought said:

Smith not going nowhere.  You don't guarantee $4.9M of a guy's contract if you might not keep him.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I don't see Sweeney and Smith as redundant at all. Sweeney is the type that can do everything pretty good and nothing extraordinary. Smith blocks extraordinary and is lousy at everything else.

Hm. I guess I stand corrected- I thought Sweeney was a better blocker. 

Do we think Kroft is a lock? I don't see an odd man out and 5 TE's seem's heavy, especially if we keep DiMarco.

Hm. I guess I stand corrected- I thought Sweeney was a better blocker. 

Do we think Kroft is a lock? I don't see an odd man out and 5 TE's seem's heavy, especially if we keep DiMarco.

Sweeney is a rookie who hasn't shown he can block for toffee in the regular NFL season yet.

Smith can flatten the he** out of anyone, anywhere.

• Like (+1) 2