Tasker HOF inductee in 2020?

StHustle

No, no, no. Not as a OBL host or broadcaster or any of those things he seems to receive a fair share of criticism on...but as one of the (if not THE) best special teamers in NFL history. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27310440/hall-fame-induct-20-class-2020

In 2020, ten "senior" NFL retirees will be inducted into the Hall so it looks to be the be shot he'll ever have.

I think most here would say he deserves it, however, does being part of such a large class somewhat diminsh the accomplishment?

Sal doesn't think he's eligible

The HOF might select 10 senior members in 2020 as part of their special Centennial Class. I've always felt that may be Steve Tasker's best chance to make it, via Senior route. Eligibility is having been retired 25 years. In 2020, Tasker will have been retired 24 years

Just now, StHustle said:

No, no, no. Not as a OBL host or broadcaster or any of those things he seems to receive a fair share of criticism on...but as one of the (if not THE) best special teamers in NFL history. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27310440/hall-fame-induct-20-class-2020

In 2020, ten "senior" NFL retirees will be inducted into the Hall so it looks to be the be shot he'll ever have.

I think most here would say he deserves it, however, does being part of such a large class somewhat diminsh the accomplishment?

Ok, so his broadcasting leaves quite a bit to be desired, but Steve Tasker certainly deserves his place in the hall. Tasker's special teams play in the 1990's helped revolutionize the position.

• Like (+1) 1

If the idea that special teams is one third of the game and often an important influence on outcomes is more than just lip service, then yeah, Tasker should get in. He heavily influences outcomes from several different special teams positions; from rushing kickers and punters to being a gunner making big stops, to returns. NOBODY before or since has played so many different ST roles at such a high level. 

He should already be enshrined in Canton.

• Like (+1) 3

I hope that the Taskmaster gener-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-ral gets in before death. He truly was an absolute killer on STs and likely quite experienced with STD's as well (sexually transmitted diseases, if left untreated, can also result in mental illness so maybe STEVE-O's "condition" may not just be related to on-the-field football only). Must say though that I'm getting used to him on MSG/WGR btw; it's kinda fun to watch/hear the way interviewees try to figure out what he is actually asking. GO BILLS! GO TASKMASTER GENERAL STEVE-O!!! Buffalo fans the world over are totally down with your non-psychotic version of CTE my dude. #keepstammeringweloveit:)

Edited by Threedollabills
  • Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Yes he was great at his role, I just don’t feel like it’s significant enough to be in the hall of fame. 

I could understand him not getting in if Ray Guy never got in.  But with Guy in if Tasker doesn’t at least eventually get in that would be disgraceful.

28 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

If Tasker gets in then the NFL Hall or Fame is nothing more than the “Who’s Who of College Students”. If you have a pulse and pay $39.95, you get in. Shoot, next inductee might as well be Todd Collins. 

Except that Todd Collins did not revolutionize the way one-third of the game is played.