Colts vs Bills on DTV 212-1 live Thurs?

I see that too, my guess is it will only be on the air in the New York Area since the Jests Vs. Giants game will probably be shown on local channels. Almost yearly the Direct TV line up messes with out of town fans heads with the gibberish they put in their program guide. I know everyone hates when I say this but the best bet to see all the preseason games live is NFL Game Pass. It is 100 bucks but it is a guarantee and it is legal.

Edited by Leonhart2017

3 minutes ago, Leonhart2017 said:

I see that too, my guess is it will only be on the air in the New York Area since the Jests Vs. Giants game will probably be shown on local channels. Almost yearly the Direct TV line up messes with out of town fans heads with the gibberish they put in their program guide.

This is exactly the situation.  In the NY metro area ONLY, you'll see Bills-Colts on NFLN.  This is standard practice for NFLN, MLBN, NHLN, etc.

33 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I have U-Verse from AT&T, and they no longer carry NFL Network, so I can not check.:censored:

You are NOT alone! I’m ticked, but I’ll go to my DTV, used only for Sunday Ticket and emergency backup, and try to record this. 

23 minutes ago, Augie said:

You are NOT alone! I’m ticked, but I’ll go to my DTV, used only for Sunday Ticket and emergency backup, and try to record this. 

I just got off the phone with AT&T and demanded that I get NFL Network back on my package.

They were willing to get it back to me for a price. I said, "No way!"

They did more research and saw that I never changed my TV package, so they gave me NFL Network back, FREE of charge. I'll believe that when I see my next bill.

I'm supposed to get NFL Network back, starting tomorrow. B-)

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

I just got off the phone with AT&T and demanded that I get NFL Network back on my package.

They were willing to get it back to me for a price. I said, "No way!"

They did more research and saw that I never changed my TV package, so they gave me NFL Network back, FREE of charge. I'll believe that when I see my next bill.

I'm supposed to get NFL Network back, starting tomorrow. B-)

Whoa! Really? What number did you call?  I want THAT! Their service is so crappy I try not to call them and get my BP up! 

3 hours ago, AdamK said:

AndrewSiciliano.thumb.jpeg.5dfaba4e5e61b61036ac2200b9df199a.jpeg

"I heard that!"

(should be his tag line.) 

JA should have smoked him out of that chair with a 70mph fast ball. After regaining consciousness, and cleaning up some of the blood, JA then should have calmly trotted over and said, “Sorry, that one got away from me. I’m sure you guys have heard about my accuracy issues.” ?‍♂️

Edited by Vod Kanockers

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Whoa! Really? What number did you call?  I want THAT! Their service is so crappy I try not to call them and get my BP up! 

I just called their customer service line....1-800-288-2020.

The voice message said it would be a 35 minute wait, but they picked up in 2 minutes.

Go for it!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, HeightsBills said:

Houston, Texas w/ Directv: 

212 - Jets vs Giants

212-1  Colts vs Bills

I'm nowhere near western NY obviously, so I think its going to be on NFLN alternative nationwide.

Sweet.

This is what has been (and is) showing on my guide, as well. I set the DVR a couple of days ago to record channel 212-1 on Thursday. My son noticed it first and told me about it...that was the first time we had noticed the addition of 212-1. We have watched several of our Mets games on MLB alternate 213-1 so we just assumed that 212-1 was added for preseason games. If so, that's great.

So I called DTV about 212-1 

"Edmond" told me that this is currently a temporary channel, that has no dates/times attached to it. If you receive 212, you should get 212-1. 

For those of you that are in-market for Bills games, I asked if he could guarantee that we'd receive the Bills game via this channel during preseason and regular season (currently cannot get CBS due to Nexstar blackout). He could not do this, but instead is sending us a 'free' local channel receiver that we can hook up to our current service in order to receive CBS to bypass the blackout.

If it works, I should be good for the season. Regardless, I will call back to complain about the service the new receiver provides, to see if I can weasel out a good Sunday Ticket deal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

So I called DTV about 212-1 

"Edmond" told me that this is currently a temporary channel, that has no dates/times attached to it. If you receive 212, you should get 212-1. 

For those of you that are in-market for Bills games, I asked if he could guarantee that we'd receive the Bills game via this channel during preseason and regular season (currently cannot get CBS due to Nexstar blackout). He could not do this, but instead is sending us a 'free' local channel receiver that we can hook up to our current service in order to receive CBS to bypass the blackout.

If it works, I should be good for the season. Regardless, I will call back to complain about the service the new receiver provides, to see if I can weasel out a good Sunday Ticket deal.

You should call back and raise hell just based on the fact that you have no local channels. Keep emphasizing the fact that due to not having any local channels, you’re not allowed to watch football on Sundays. “Even the worst cable companies, can provide local channels. Why can’t a media giant like ATT???” Request that they fix the inconvenience by giving you Sunday ticket. 

Mention the fact that surely it is in some form a breach of contract on their end not to carry such basic channels, and it’s on them to remedy this situation. 

Try using nicer words to start off, and if they seem less than receptive, start tearing into them. 99% of the time I would get further by saying please and thank you. 

Edited by Vod Kanockers
  • Like (+1) 1

On 8/5/2019 at 7:38 PM, Augie said:

LIARS! AT&T screwed me over.

I check my TV listing and NFL Network was not available. I call them and they said that it's impossible to get NFL Network because it has been completely removed from AT&T.

Don't waste your time calling them. Jerks! :angry: I should have known better.

There's a reason why AT&T's logo is the Death Star.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

LIARS! AT&T screwed me over.

I check my TV listing and NFL Network was not available. I call them and they said that it's impossible to get NFL Network because it has been completely removed from AT&T.

Don't waste your time calling them. Jerks! :angry: I should have known better.

There's a reason why AT&T's logo is the Death Star.

Giving false hope only makes it WORSE! 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/3/2019 at 6:12 PM, Augie said:

Since Al Gore invented the DVR, I don’t care too much what time they air our preseason games. Best way to watch preseason is recorded, anyway. 

I knew he invented the internet, didn't know about the DVR.  He may have also had a hand in gravity.

7 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

I knew he invented the internet, didn't know about the DVR.  He may have also had a hand in gravity.

Gravity is very old. That was his great grandfather.