Steven Jackson Drug Test

nucci

Yeah - I just do not see the Big deal here.  The NFL does not decide who gets drug tested - it is outside their control.

When the info got entered - I am sure they have a way to flag things as 1 day fake contracts and this was probably missed - so it goes into the system - flags as >12 months and therefore becomes a nearly automatic testing needed.

I look at this as a positive meaning these guys can’t fake retire miss a few weeks/4 months of testing and come back and not get immediately tested.  

Note: not sure what you are confused about sunshower - read the article and understand that it is an independent organization that runs the drug screens - not the NFL and there are CBA agreed criteria for testing and one is if it has been >12 months since the last test a flag automatically comes up.  

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

What 's the point of signing a contract "so he can retire a Ram"?

I think it's more to make it "official."  Right now, he's not a Ram.  He's not a member of any team.

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think it's more to make it "official."  Right now, he's not a Ram.  He's not a member of any team.

Yeah I get that he's not part of a team...so why would retiring "a Ram" ( a team he walked away from) mean anything.

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yeah I get that he's not part of a team...so why would retiring "a Ram" ( a team he walked away from) mean anything.

I'm just guessing, but I'd assume it's because he spent the bulk of his career there.  Nine years, with eight of them being 1000+ yard rushing seasons, is not an insignificant stretch.  As far as walking away, it's a business.  He had the choice to opt out and he took it.  I'm guessing that him wanting to retire a Ram is him (and the Rams) putting the business part of his career to the side and that this is purely sentimental.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, K-9 said:

I think it’s prorated to four minutes on the day of their opening game. He will be good to go at 12:05am on Sunday, Sept. 8th. 

Seriously though, this is some petty crap being peddled by the league. 

Its probably just a auto generated email for any new signing. It seems logical the company would input every contract and not try to sort out real vs token gestures.

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm just guessing, but I'd assume it's because he spent the bulk of his career there.  Nine years, with eight of them being 1000+ yard rushing seasons, is not an insignificant stretch.  As far as walking away, it's a business.  He had the choice to opt out and he took it.  I'm guessing that him wanting to retire a Ram is him (and the Rams) putting the business part of his career to the side and that this is purely sentimental.

I hear you.  Just not sure why it would have value to a player after all this time.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

I hear you.  Just not sure why it would have value to a player after all this time.

Yep, I agree.  I think it's personal and those kinds of feelings are unique to each individual player.  For his sake, I'm just hoping that it happens.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Those who have fluff heads will probably call it that.  Anyone else stand in line for fluff rather than brains? 

:devil:

Gee thanks fluffy,

Go Bills!!!

Lotta people both here and commenting on the article itself missing the point that they clearly specify this is not the league's doing.  Third party administrators automatically flag any contracts for players who sign a contract without a drug test done that year.

Silly oversight that should be addressed in the next CBA, not worth the headline outrage from near-sighted idiots too lazy to read the article.  There will be no punishment for the "player".

Edited by 1ManRaid
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

Lotta people both here and commenting on the article itself missing the point that they clearly specify this is not the league's doing.  Third party administrators automatically flag any contracts for players who sign a contract without a drug test done that year.

Silly oversight that should be addressed in the next CBA, not worth the headline outrage from near-sighted idiots too lazy to read the article.  There will be no punishment for the "player".

Basically exactly what I said earlier - this is such a non-issue and has nothing to do with the NFL front office or them trying to do anything.

Clearly stated - the testing team automatically flags contracts where it has been >12 months.  Not a league guy deciding this, but an independent organization.

As I said - I believe they have a way to input these and not flag and something was missed.  

It it should be a non-issue or a positive that this oversight is in place.