Steven Jackson Drug Test

nucci

Really not news at all, silly for sure, but not news.

Go BILLS!!!

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Really not news at all, silly for sure, but not news.

Go BILLS!!!

How the hell is this "not news?"

Definition:  newly received or noteworthy information, especially about recent or important events.

Now, if you want to question whether it's noteworthy, fine.  Not necessary to comment on it, but fine.  But this is, indeed, news.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

How the hell is this "not news?"

Definition:  newly received or noteworthy information, especially about recent or important events.

Now, if you want to question whether it's noteworthy, fine.  Not necessary to comment on it, but fine.  But this is, indeed, news.

Okay, we’ll call it a fluff piece then :)

1 hour ago, Never NEVER Give-up said:

Geeze, how do you sit for 4 games in Sept when you signed for 1 day in August?!?!?!   ?

I think it’s prorated to four minutes on the day of their opening game. He will be good to go at 12:05am on Sunday, Sept. 8th. 

Seriously though, this is some petty crap being peddled by the league. 

1 hour ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

The Cleveland Indians sign anybody who catches a foul ball in the air to a "One Day Contract" that gets you like a free hot dog or something. I assumed they were about as official as those.

Correct, the Indians will sign only someone they don't have to pay, unless a free non-all beef hot dog constitutes payment.  Frankie Lindor will demand a "little" more.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Leonhart2017 said:

Ok dumbest thing I have seen today and it had some good competition. I didn’t even think those contracts were real.

Is there any significance to these contracts?  Never understood the point. I can't imagine anyone even thinks about it a few hours after they sign.

3 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

The Cleveland Indians sign anybody who catches a foul ball in the air to a "One Day Contract" that gets you like a free hot dog or something. I assumed they were about as official as those.

They take them pretty seriously. I caught a foul ball, then failed the drug test and didn't get crap.

I'm appealing the decision, but hot dogs don't last forever.

• Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Sunshower said:

Probably just a glitch in the computer. Doubt they actually are going to test him.

Contract was filed in the league office and showed he hadn't been tested in 5 years...obviously they're not going to test him....

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Leonhart2017 said:

Ok dumbest thing I have seen today and it had some good competition. I didn’t even think those contracts were real.

They have to do it... Of they didn't players could just sign these contracts and never get drug tested then decide they want to play again. If they didnt send out a drug test letter then this could possibly open up a way to avoid off-season drug tests.

• Like (+1) 1