Brandon Beane-Cody Ford

BIGBOY

If you’ve caught Embedded (which was very well made), you’d know that Beane was absolutely SWOON over Cody Ford. When the Panthers leap frogged the Bills you could see the fear and anxiety in his eyes. 10 seconds later, pure relief and julbliation accompanied by high fives. You would have thought the Bills selected 9x pro bowler Walter Jones. It got me to thinking why was Beane so enamored with Ford? Personally I didn’t see it on film, but who am I? Fast forward to today, and I still don’t see it, neither does the media in attendance. Early talks are of switching Ford to G...emphasis on early.

So what is everyone missing that Beane saw that day? It was almost as if he had some sort of epiphany. Then my dear friend dug up this retweet by Cody Ford and it all made sense. The only logical conclusion I can come to is McDermott was controlling Beane via rosary from a few seats over. If you replay the tape from embedded you can see McDermott whispering to himself with a look of concentration on his face. 

28D0BA60-66D8-4AA9-AB17-A5A92A083E0A.jpeg

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

The media all copies each other. Someone at some point said that they thought Ford would be better at guard and now everyone is saying it.

But none of them really know what they are talking about. Ford has struggled with speed rushes so far, but there's a long way to go. He's a rookie and will learn.

And stop with the religion crap. Such a false narrative.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, 17islongenough said:

Anyone know what this post means?  

God intervened and told Beane to select Ford?????  This is second only to Moses getting the commandments or Joseph Smith finding the talking rocks in Palmyra...

Just now, MJS said:

The media all copies each other. Someone at some point said that they thought Ford would be better at guard and now everyone is saying it.

But none of them really know what they are talking about. Ford has struggled with speed rushes so far, but there's a long way to go. He's a rookie and will learn.

And that’s fine it’s early and he’s a rookie...but why was Beane SO over the moon on Ford? You’d think he was plug and play from day 1 based on his reaction.

Just now, BIGBOY said:

And that’s fine it’s early and he’s a rookie...but why was Beane SO over the moon on Ford? You’d think he was plug and play from day 1 based on his reaction.

Probably because he thought he was a good football player and most thought he would go in round 1. What's the mystery?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoeF said:

God intervened and told Beane to select Ford?????  This is second only to Moses getting the commandments or Joseph Smith finding the talking rocks in Palmyra...

Clearly you didn’t read my post. McDermott intervened and saw a man of faith in Cody Ford. 

Just now, MJS said:

Probably because he thought he was a good football player and most thought he would go in round 1. What's the mystery?

He didn’t share half the excitement for the Oliver pick....

1 minute ago, BIGBOY said:

He didn’t share half the excitement for the Oliver pick....

Because there wasn't a risk of him not being there as much as there was a risk of Ford not being there. There was a run on offensive linemen too.

And Beans did show excitement for Oliver.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BIGBOY said:

Clearly you didn’t read my post. McDermott intervened and saw a man of faith in Cody Ford. 

Yes clearly there's a ton of evidence Beane defers to McD on draft picks depending on the comparative religiosity of their Twitter feeds

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Yes clearly there's a ton of evidence Beane defers to McD on draft picks depending on the comparative religiosity of their Twitter feeds

Again, it was involuntary...it was almost as if Beane had no control over his body and actions when the ford pick was up. I wonder what McDermott was whispering as he was clutching that rosary?

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, BIGBOY said:

If you’ve caught Embedded (which was very well made), you’d know that Beane was absolutely SWOON over Cody Ford. When the Panthers leap frogged the Bills you could see the fear and anxiety in his eyes. 10 seconds later, pure relief and julbliation accompanied by high fives. You would have thought the Bills selected 9x pro bowler Walter Jones. It got me to thinking why was Beane so enamored with Ford? Personally I didn’t see it on film, but who am I? Fast forward to today, and I still don’t see it, neither does the media in attendance. Early talks are of switching Ford to G...emphasis on early.

So what is everyone missing that Beane saw that day? It was almost as if he had some sort of epiphany. Then my dear friend dug up this retweet by Cody Ford and it all made sense. The only logical conclusion I can come to is McDermott was controlling Beane via rosary from a few seats over. If you replay the tape from embedded you can see McDermott whispering to himself with a look of concentration on his face. 

Nothing fails like prayer ........?

I don't understand your take. If this is a joke about religion, well done. Throw in some politics to make your post even less offensive.

I think they're pushing Ford to see how far he can go. First at RT and again at LT! Clearly if you look at the man you see a RG, but our staff is simply testing Cody and seeing what they have exactly. You'll most likely see him at RG with Nsekhe at RT. Nothing more than bootcamp for Ford, giving him more than he can handle and then some. Might as well play with the shuffle now in case injuries hit.