Josh Allen Fantasy Value

Last year in fantasy, I drafted Mahommes late in the draft after picking up Rivers a round earlier.  Needless to say, I hit some fantasy gold there.  Do you feel like something similar could happen with Allen?  I don't think he has the weapons that Mahommes had last year, but we are pretty deep with the ability to spread the ball around a lot.  I think the key to success is if Morse says healthy.

CBS posted this article today:  https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/2019-fantasy-football-draft-prep-quarterback-sleepers/?ftag=SPM-16-10abi8e

They are looking for late round fantasy QB gold...and even mentioned rushing as one of the key things they were looking for.  I don't know how Allen is not on the radar of any of these analysts...I could have sworn that somewhere I read that Allen was the highest scoring fantasy QB for the last 6 weeks of the season.  Sorry I don't remember where I saw that...Among other things, he definitely checks the running QB box, though I hope not as much this year.

Also, Lamar Jackson is listed several times...I would not touch him with a 10 foot pole personally.  He is too much like Tyrod for my liking.

What say you?

Purely from a fantasy perspective, Allen should be average, and if he runs like last year would be above average.  You would still be better suited with a tier 1 QB as your starter, but as far as quality-per-draft spot, Allen would probably be one of the better value picks in the draft considering most people wont even consider him.  

If you skip QB and go for the platoon strategy, i would include him along side a pure passer type to hedge the bet.

That is an interesting take...how does that work our for you?  I typically take a QB in the later rounds and it usually pays dividends.

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

He’s a stash for me but then I don’t draft QBs in PPR. Strictly waivers 

2 minutes ago, atomicpwrd said:

That is an interesting take...how does that work our for you?  I typically take a QB in the later rounds and it usually pays dividends.

I play matchups weekly and in 8 team leagues there’s always someone you can find for value, just have to be diligent about putting in the research. Took 2nd last season after Hill got injured but I rode Kittle who was a very lucky pickup...can’t claim it took a ton of skill there??

9 minutes ago, eball said:

He probably won't be drafted in all but the deepest leagues.  If you like him take a flyer in a late round and hope it works out.

Disagree.  He is a big time sleeper for a lot of “experts.”  Qbs who run have a ton of value.  Tyrod was a good fantasy qb.  Allen will be drafted and probably in my leagues with Buffalo people, he will be a 1st rounder maybe 1st overall. 

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Disagree.  He is a big time sleeper for a lot of “experts.”  Qbs who run have a ton of value.  Tyrod was a good fantasy qb.  Allen will be drafted and probably in my leagues with Buffalo people, he will be a 1st rounder maybe 1st overall. 

I need to play in your league.  ?  You can't be a Bill's homer and win in fantasy...at least not just yet.

34 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I play matchups weekly and in 8 team leagues there’s always someone you can find for value, just have to be diligent about putting in the research. Took 2nd last season after Hill got injured but I rode Kittle who was a very lucky pickup...can’t claim it took a ton of skill there??

Lol...nice with Kittle.  There is more than one way to skin a cat...I took second drafting Mahommes.  Rivers came in handy also...I actually started Rivers the first few weeks.

He's a good backup. Worth a late round pick. Running QB's are always higher valued in fantasy.

46 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That's crazy talk.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Anyone who selects a QB in the first round let alone 1st overall I clueless and hopefully for them, not playing in a paid league

57 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He has value, not denying that, but there's literally no reason to take ANY quarterback before the 5th-7th rounds

29 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

He has value, not denying that, but there's literally no reason to take ANY quarterback before the 5th-7th rounds

Agree 100%.  There isn’t much separation between the top and like 15.  Mahomes did win some leagues though but it was because he was great draft value (of course I had him and Gurley and didn’t win ?).

38 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Anyone who selects a QB in the first round let alone 1st overall I clueless and hopefully for them, not playing in a paid league

Agreed.  I was in a league one year and someone took Tannehill in the 1st round.  Spoiler already: he did really bad.

After he returned in Week 12 Josh scored the most PPR points (145.3) of any NFL quarterback and second-most points of any player.   

That's as a rookie with a weaker group on offense than this year.

He's also worth a little more to me because he's a Bill and fantasy is more fun when you can watch your players actually play vs just seeing numbers come up on a screen.  

Some dudes just care about pure points and some of us include the fun factor, taking into account players you will likely watch live more than others.

Thats the reason I dont draft Cardinals, Jags, Skins etc.  

Probably also the reason I haven't won my league in a decade.....

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Probably also the reason I haven't won my league in a decade.....

LOL.  So did you take McCoy in the first last year? And where will you take him this year. I think he went late third or 4th round in the league I was in last year. 

I'll be honest I want Allen bad this year and since I play in a league with my brother who is also a Bills fan I know I am going to have to take him before the 6th round if I want to guarantee I get him.

I don’t think Allen will be as good of a FF quarterback as he was at the end of last season.  Many more mouths to feed on that offense, and I don’t think Allen will be running for his life like he was last season.

I will target Bills D/ST and Cole Beasley in my 10 team PPR league.  Perhaps take a shot at Devin Singletary in the last couple rounds.