Brussell Sprouts

Gugny

Of you go to the far east,including Hawaii..you notice how healthy most are..earth foods but served with seasoning.I ate very good cabbage rolls with balsamic vinegar,fruit juices and a heavy dark sugar.very good imo. They don't boil them in water..but a fish/seafood stock ( fish heads and blood).

My bride won't touch anything like that..but she will eat salted canned asparagus...microwaved.

And people say I'm nuts..I

Brussel Sprouts.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

When did Brusselsprouts become "trendy?"

In my best @ExiledInIllinois voice 

Ultimately, it's up to you! The brussels sprout as we know it was first documented in the late 16th century, but there is no doubt our ancestors were eating it long before then.

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

It's pronounced 'wooster-sheer' you heathens

Fugedaboudit    It's called    Worst than Rochester Sauce 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

No one says Brussels Sprouts.  You know why?  Because it's ***** dumb. 

And another thing.  If we pronounce cupboard, "cubberd," why isn't a clipboard a "clibberd?"

Because language is an organic, quirky, living thing that changes all the time and is filled with inconsistencies, rules, exceptions to rules, and exceptions to exceptions to rules.

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Yep! Call them whatever you want, just don’t ask me to eat them. They became trendy a while ago. Just one more sign that we are circling the toilet. 

I'll also include asparagus in this.  Anything that you have to cover in "sauce," just to be able to choke it down is a no for me.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Human habit. 

Eden corn festival is happening now...that corn is so sweet on it's own..but people will pound on the melted butter and salt.

True.

And there is a tribe in Borneo that eat nothing but the same, one bland porridge their whole life... They know nothing else!  So they are happy with it.  Give them choice, they will go off the rails.

26 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

I'll also include asparagus in this.  Anything that you have to cover in "sauce," just to be able to choke it down is a no for me.

All asparagus and/or Brusselsprouts need is salt-n-pepa.  I will tear them UP!

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Gugny said:

All asparagus and/or Brusselsprouts need is salt-n-pepa.  I will tear them UP!

That's your generation speaking...but you weren't swamped with fast food commercials etc when you were a child/teen.

The kids these days think French fries are a vegetable..

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

When did Brusselsprouts become "trendy?"

A couple years ago they started showing up on menus and cooking shows, after basically being non-existent since the dining terrors of my childhood. They should go away, and STAY away, like the Lima bean!  

2 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

I’m not big on steamed asparagus, but done on a grill pan with a little olive oil, s&p and I’m good with it....as long as you don’t mind the strange phenomenon that is “asparagus pee”. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

A couple years ago they started showing up on menus and cooking shows, after basically being non-existent since the dining terrors of my childhood. They should go away, and STAY away, like the Lima bean!  

I lost a very good friend years ago..always the explorer.I built him a brick fire pit..capable space for roasting a pig...he let it be announced that he could 

"Make anything taste good" .

lima is chi chi in a garden salad..I would eat a fistfull.

Kidney...nice in a southwest tex_Mex chili...they serve that in San Diego places.

• Sad 1