AB sued by his trainer for not paying (update - his chef is suing him now too)

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

Sure it worked out for him.  Again that's not the issue.  The question is whether it will work out for the Raiders because he's a whack-job now?

He may be an insufferable diva but that doesn't make him a whack job. I wouldn't want him on my team but without a doubt he is one of the best receivers, if not the best receiver, in the game. 

4 minutes ago, JohnC said:

He may be an insufferable diva but that doesn't make him a whack job. I wouldn't want him on my team but without a doubt he is one of the best receivers, if not the best receiver, in the game. 

His behavior has become odd.  And I also didn't want him, because he quit on the Steelers and they have a top franchise with a HOF QB.  I don't see it ending well for the Raiders (and it's not starting off well) but that's why they play the game.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Yeah, and if the Bills had signed him, you’d have been the first to say something snarky like “didn’t take him long to start dogging it with his new team...”

If he dogged it, sure.  

But then come week 1 when the actual bullets fly,  we would all be quite happy to have the leagues best WR paired with Josh’s big arm.  

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If he dogged it, sure.  

But then come week 1 when the actual bullets fly,  we would all be quite happy to have the leagues best WR paired with Josh’s big arm.  

He dogged it in Pgh and Gruden thinks he's dogging it now.

And while I didn't want him because of what he pulled in Pgh, if the Bills traded for him, obviously I would have pulled for him to do well.  But wouldn't have been surprised if it blew up.

Edited by Doc

1 hour ago, Doc said:

He dogged it in Pgh and Gruden thinks he's dogging it now.

And while I didn't want him because of what he pulled in Pgh, if the Bills traded for him, obviously I would have pulled for him to do well.  But wouldn't have been surprised if it blew up.

He quit on his team in Pitt--he wanted out of there.  Yet he still racked up numbers: 103/1300/15.  

In Oakland, again, it's camp.  The moment he put on a Raiders jersey, he was the best WR to wear one since Jerry Rice.

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

If I had any confidence in front office contracts I'd say that in discussion they including clauses which would protect them from him repeating the holdout for another raise but as we can see with Big Stuff contracts from Bills do not have those type of clauses.

How would you word a clause that prevents a player form holding out?

They are already fined per day of missed camp and forfeit a paycheck each game week and lose a year towards free agency of the don't show up by week 10.

What would you add that would prevent this?

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

If he dogged it, sure.  

Issue here is that he is not in a 100 meter sprint performing all by himself. If he is not playing to the playbook, with his QB and other WRs, he wont be maximizing the offense's probability of success. Clearly he is one of the most talented WRs in the league (with JJones and the like) but ultimately, their offense's success will be determined by how well the team plays together. Surely you understand that and I am surprised that you are excusing his continued selfish behavior. 

1 minute ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Issue here is that he is not in a 100 meter sprint performing all by himself. If he is not playing to the playbook, with his QB and other WRs, he wont be maximizing the offense's probability of success. Clearly he is one of the most talented WRs in the league (with JJones and the like) but ultimately, their offense's success will be determined by how well the team plays together. Surely you understand that and I am surprised that you are excusing his continued selfish behavior. 

I'm not excusing it---I called him out as quitting on his team back when the Bills were trying to get him a few months ago.

I'm pointing out that it probably doesn't much matter if he's missing a few days of camp.  He was cleared to come back, and he did, then he went out again.  Carr (who's a dead man walking anyway) says he and AB spent many hours throwing to AB this off season.  He's not losing his mind over this.

Plus he was already on the NFI list before camp and was expected to miss the beginning of camp.  This is just the case of some posters here making hay over this in order to (hilariously) claim, "good thing we didn't sign this guy!".

16 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

He quit on his team in Pitt--he wanted out of there.  Yet he still racked up numbers: 103/1300/15.  

In Oakland, again, it's camp.  The moment he put on a Raiders jersey, he was the best WR to wear one since Jerry Rice.

I don't care what his excuse is: I don't want a quitter on my team.  If he can pull it with Pgh, he can pull it with anyone.

And we'll see where his career goes from here.  I think you'll agree catching passes from Big Ben will be different than from Carr.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Doc said:

I don't care what his excuse is: I don't want a quitter on my team.  If he can pull it with Pgh, he can pull it with anyone.

And we'll see where his career goes from here.  I think you'll agree catching passes from Big Ben will be different than from Carr.

i agreed to that some time ago.  If Carr plays like Carr again, he's gone.  I bet Chuckie can't wait to move on.

McBeane would have had that quitter on the team for the right price for sure.

Edited by Mr. WEO

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

i agreed to that some time ago.  If Carr plays like Carr again, he's gone.  I bet Chuckie can't wait to move on.

McBeane would have had that quitter on the team for the right price for sure.

Sure, but a price/contract that would have been easy to get out of.

• 2 weeks later...