AB sued by his trainer for not paying (update - his chef is suing him now too)

On 8/1/2019 at 10:03 PM, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

I am so glad that the Bills don't have to deal with the drama that defines AB as a person.  For a guy that is an amazing talent, it is a sad commentary on him that people feel that the productivity that he brings to the team is not worth the trouble in dealing with him.  Pittsburgh was the clear winner in that divorce.

Yup.  

Giants in same boat unloading OBJ.  Having talent doesn't mean you're exempt from being an immature as$hole, and those two dudes prove the point.

23 hours ago, blacklabel said:

This dude is strange. Something tells me he's never really had someone put his ego in check. And if they've tried, he'd probably just take his ball and go home. 

I wonder how it feels for other players to share locker space with him? Some probably laugh at his dumb jokes, while others tolerate him because of his on field performance.

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Good point...who needs a gun with bullets in it?

What good is a bullet that explodes in or never leaves the chamber?

Gotta say, blistered feet is a new one.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

In this case, the bullet is a squib

41 minutes ago, Doc said:

What good is a bullet that explodes in or never leaves the chamber?

Gotta say, blistered feet is a new one.

Right--AB is a real dud.  Sweet takes, boys, LOL.

He's missed like 4 games in that last 6 seasons--racked up massive totals in catches and yards as well as Probowls every one of those years and 4 All Pros.

....but he "never leaves the chamber"...

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, blacklabel said:

That's a good point on the Dancing with the Stars thing. Probably fed into his ego. I get it, he can be arrogant because he can back it up but he's made it pretty clear over the last few seasons that he doesn't give a crap about anyone but himself. Teammates or not, dude doesn't care. I can't wait until we're at midseason and he starts going ballistic because he isn't getting enough targets. And having Carr is probably gonna be difficult for him. Word on Carr is that he clams up and shuts down anytime negative criticism is thrown his way. It's either gonna be great for them or it's gonna be a complete disaster. 

Can't wait to see Mayock attempt to rationalize this if it happens.

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Right--AB is a real dud.  Sweet takes, boys, LOL.

He's missed like 4 games in that last 6 seasons--racked up massive totals in catches and yards as well as Probowls every one of those years and 4 All Pros.

....but he "never leaves the chamber"...

Yeah, and if the Bills had signed him, you’d have been the first to say something snarky like “didn’t take him long to start dogging it with his new team...”

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Doc said:

WR's are divas.  But I think he started to go off the deep end when he did Dancing With The Stars.

He was smart enough to work himself into a big contract while already being contractually obligated. He may be a diva but he out maneuvered the system and beat the system. Forcing his team to move on from him and putting himself in a position to get an extraordinary contract from his new team is not a demonstration of going off the deep end. A better description is: Crazy like a fox. 

Just now, JohnC said:

He was smart enough to work himself into a big contract while already being contractually obligated. He may be a diva but he out maneuvered the system and beat the system. Forcing his team to move on from him and putting himself in a position to get an extraordinary contract from his new team is not a demonstration of going off the deep end. A better description is: Crazy like a fox. 

That's a separate issue and more agent-driven than anything else.

Just now, Doc said:

That's a separate issue and more agent-driven than anything else.

The agent was working on his behalf; and the player was acting on his own behalf. The player was following his own script for his own benefit. It worked out marvelously for him. That's not an example of being crazy. 

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The agent was working on his behalf; and the player was acting on his own behalf. The player was following his own script for his own benefit. It worked out marvelously for him. That's not an example of being crazy. 

So acting like a jerk is a sign of sanity?  OK.

On 8/1/2019 at 11:01 PM, Doc said:

I think at a certain price that doesn't screw the team if he becomes a cancer you live with him.  But do we even know if the Bills ever even got into talking contract numbers?

If I had any confidence in front office contracts I'd say that in discussion they including clauses which would protect them from him repeating the holdout for another raise but as we can see with Big Stuff contracts from Bills do not have those type of clauses.

20 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

If I had any confidence in front office contracts I'd say that in discussion they including clauses which would protect them from him repeating the holdout for another raise but as we can see with Big Stuff contracts from Bills do not have those type of clauses.

From a big name guy, you're not going to get one.

48 minutes ago, Doc said:

So acting like a jerk is a sign of sanity?  OK.

Absolutely! If it is going to dramatically upgrade your contract and make you one of the highest paid receivers in the league why not? If acting like a jerk puts you in a position to be greatly enriched then that isn't an act of craziness, it is a strategic way of behaving. Don't knock it. It worked for him. 

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Absolutely! If it is going to dramatically upgrade your contract and make you one of the highest paid receivers in the league why not? If acting like a jerk puts you in a position to be greatly enriched then that isn't an act of craziness, it is a strategic way of behaving. Don't knock it. It worked for him. 

Sure it worked out for him.  Again that's not the issue.  The question is whether it will work out for the Raiders because he's a whack-job now?