AB sued by his trainer for not paying (update - his chef is suing him now too)

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

"Whatever compensation the Bills would agree to give the Steelers was directly tied to whatever financial terms Brown was seeking. It stands to reason that the larger the payout for Brown, the lower the compensation the team would be willing to give in order to reduce the risk, and vice versa.

However, sources said the Bills were confident if they met his financial demand and were able to make the trade, Brown would have happily joined them."

So Beane's only goal was to "jack up the price" another team would have to pay for AB?  lol

Then it looks like AB won.  I'm sure he sent Beane a thank you card.

You keep thinking that....then take a look at the mess Mayock created with the cap in two years. Beane won and all he had to do was feign interest. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

dude continues to be a POS

I mean I don't get why these athletes and celebs do this crap.  I mean its a heck of a lot more expensive to go to court and lose what will be an inevitable loss than it is to just pay your bills.  

Loser

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I mean I don't get why these athletes and celebs do this crap.  I mean its a heck of a lot more expensive to go to court and lose what will be an inevitable loss than it is to just pay your bills.  

Loser

Because they don't care.

Really should have a manager or something that pays bills and stuff.

11 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

You keep thinking that....then take a look at the mess Mayock created with the cap in two years. Beane won and all he had to do was feign interest. 

So it was all a long con by Beane to get another team in cap trouble by overpaying AB? Not sure I buy that, but it’s certainly a fun theory.

I am so glad that the Bills don't have to deal with the drama that defines AB as a person.  For a guy that is an amazing talent, it is a sad commentary on him that people feel that the productivity that he brings to the team is not worth the trouble in dealing with him.  Pittsburgh was the clear winner in that divorce.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I think the salient point is they would have been happy to have him and all of his douchery; they were not just playing a game.

I don't think they were playing a game, but I think they had numbers in mind and didn't want to go beyond them.  The salient point there being that if they gave him what he wanted, he could have come.

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I think the salient point is they would have been happy to have him and all of his douchery; they were not just playing a game.

Of course they weren't. If they were, they wasted precious time. They won absolutely nothing. They wanted AB to get paid? They wanted to "get" Mayock? Maybe the Steelers? It APPEARS from all accounts that AB didn't want to play in Buffalo, which is fine. That's his prerogative. The only consequence was that his trade value went down because there was one less team competing for his services. Antics or not, premiere receivers don't grow on trees and Beane wanted to make a bold move. Didn't work out, but I actually respect the fact that he was willing to take that chance for elite talent.

Just now, Doc said:

I don't think they were playing a game, but I think they had numbers in mind and didn't want to go beyond them.  The salient point there being that if they gave him what he wanted, he could have come.

Absolutely. I think you are right, but it ignores what was being talked about. They definitely wanted him, and knew what kind of guy and teammate he was, and still were willing to give him a huge contract, just not as huge as he wanted, so they backed away. But I think posters were talking about whether or not they were ever seriously interested--they clearly were--and whether or not they would be willing to put up with a player like that who doesnt at all fit into their choir boy image--they clearly were.

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Of course they weren't. If they were, they wasted precious time. They won absolutely nothing. They wanted AB to get paid? They wanted to "get" Mayock? Maybe the Steelers? It APPEARS from all accounts that AB didn't want to play in Buffalo, which is fine. That's his prerogative. The only consequence was that his trade value went down because there was one less team competing for his services. Antics or not, premiere receivers don't grow on trees and Beane wanted to make a bold move. Didn't work out, but I actually respect the fact that he was willing to take that chance for elite talent.

Agreed, although IMO the only reason he didn't want to play here is because we (smartly) were not willing to pay him what he and his agent wanted and what the Raiders were willing to.

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Absolutely. I think you are right, but it ignores what was being talked about. They definitely wanted him, and knew what kind of guy and teammate he was, and still were willing to give him a huge contract, just not as huge as he wanted, so they backed away. But I think posters were talking about whether or not they were ever seriously interested--they clearly were--and whether or not they would be willing to put up with a player like that who doesnt at all fit into their choir boy image--they clearly were.

Agreed, although IMO the only reason he didn't want to play here is because we (smartly) were not willing to pay him what he and his agent wanted and what the Raiders were willing to.

That's possible I suppose, but it seems a little iffy that they'd be willing to spend the picks/take on the headache, but not give him a bump in pay, especially considering we have plenty of space and JA is on his rookie deal. Buffalo is not for everyone and that's fine. Better to have players fully on board. McCoy initially didn't want to play for us, but certainly seems happy now.

54 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Because they don't care.

Really should have a manager or something that pays bills and stuff.

They normally do and pretty sure AB has someone that’s supposed to do it, but he’s also gotta authorize it.  

8 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

That's possible I suppose, but it seems a little iffy that they'd be willing to spend the picks/take on the headache, but not give him a bump in pay, especially considering we have plenty of space and JA is on his rookie deal. Buffalo is not for everyone and that's fine. Better to have players fully on board. McCoy initially didn't want to play for us, but certainly seems happy now.

Who knows. He had three years left at something like 39m. The Raiders gave him like $54m and $30m guaranteed . That's likely what they balked at. It's really tough to know how bad some of these guys are on the actual field. He sure seems like a dick. A lot of people hated TO and said similar things. I loved TO and thought he was awesome. He tried his ass off all the time, practiced hard, blocked, etc.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Don't know where to put this but since we are talking about the Raiders and doing/saying stupid things...

Burfict continued: “on the other hand, in a real game if you want to choke out the opposing WR or drill the QB 8 seconds after the whistle, feel free young buck.”

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I think at a certain price that doesn't screw the team if he becomes a cancer you live with him.  But do we even know if the Bills ever even got into talking contract numbers?

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

I think at a certain price that doesn't screw the team if he becomes a cancer you live with him.  But do we even know if the Bills ever even got into talking contract numbers?

I dont think they got into actual numbers, but they likely didnt have to. If his agent or any rep said to them, Antonio wants his contract torn up, a substantial raise and forty million guaranteed (they settled on thirty) the Bills could have and would have said thanks but no thanks without ever getting serious into numbers.