Tasker is terrible

39 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I don't get all the hate for Tasker around here.  OK, he's not very good at broadcasting.

Who the hell cares? He's not a broadcaster, he's a football player, and he was an unbelievable one.

His contributions to the Superbowl teams were huge and many.

What a clutch, impact, superstar of a player.

Maybe all the criticism comes from kids who never saw him play?

That WOULD explain the rudeness..

On 8/1/2019 at 6:40 PM, Paul Costa said:

I heard whole interview. He stammers a little. I like him better than Murph. And the diva ex receiver that used to be on there. Good to have a glory days guy on there.

They're both horrible 

Tasker and Murph had a Miami connection on today..the reporter said Mills is on the second unit and is at risk to make the roster...Murphy almost looked like he wanted to chuckle..kind of like "i told you so".

I enjoy Steve better than Jones,who seemed to loose interest near the end..before he left,he wasn't even attending home games.

I would love to hear one of these guys do a radio show who criticize Steve Tasker’s ability to communicate effectively. I’m sure they wouldn’t be nearly as good as Steve. Working with John Murphy I’m sure is no day at the beach either ?. He’s as sensitive as a Middle School girl ? .

On 8/5/2019 at 4:51 PM, Pasaluki said:

I saw an interview with John Murphy, Arthur Moats, and Steve Tasker.

By the end of the interview I wanted them to fire John Murphy, fire Steve Tasker, and hire Arthur Moats full time. 

To some degree I listen to one bills live every day, but after a while it can be brutal. Murphy can be an extreme Homer at times and Tasker needs adhd meds. I enjoy listening to Chris brown more than either of them and enjoy when he fills in. Although even he can be a huge Homer at times. 

8 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Tasker and Murph had a Miami connection on today..the reporter said Mills is on the second unit and is at risk to make the roster...Murphy almost looked like he wanted to chuckle..kind of like "i told you so".

I enjoy Steve better than Jones,who seemed to loose interest near the end..before he left,he wasn't even attending home games.

Jones was a train wreck. You could tell that he never prepared a single minute for the show, and Murphy big time resented him for not taking it seriously and always criticized him on air. 90% of the time all Jones did was repeat, almost word for word, what Murphy just barely said. You could tell he took the job for money and gave up once he realized it wasn't easy.

Tasker makes you cringe sometimes, but he also brings up good points from time to time. His experience as a player (and especially as a player on a good team) is often valuable. I just wish he could learn to be concise and think about what to say before he says it. He sometimes has wacky opinions too.

I liked Murphy more when he did the show alone a few years ago. He seems a lot more prickly and arrogant now. But he speaks well and directs the show fine. I don't think he avoids talking about the negative things with the team like fans accuse him of. Just today he challenged the narrative that Jerry Hughes is a feared pass rusher in the NFL, citing the fact that he has three straight years without double digit sacks. Yeah, he's a fan, but who cares? Better to have someone who likes the team and roots for them to win than a guy who doesn't even like football (Mike Schopp).

Chris Brown, on the other hand, is always excellent. Always enjoy when he is on there. Overall the show gets a solid C+ from me. Provides me the news I want to hear, gets some good guests, but there are definitely parts that make you shake your head and wish for a commercial break to cut them off.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 1

I’m sorry is the OP going to ever revisit this and reply to anyone? If not then whatever. YES Tasker is not Al Michaels or Vin Scully. Just don’t listen WIDE LEFT. This isn’t 1975. If you want better Bills coverage your cup doth overflow, if you have even a remedial understanding of the internet. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just listened to Greg Cosell's segment from the JMS today, always like Cosell.  Tasker was an embarrassment during the segment.  Murph must cringe when it's Tasker's turn to ask a ?.  You can tell the dude does absolutely no prep for the show.....he just rambles and asks the worst ?'s.  What a waste of a good guest.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Estro said:

Anybody who listens to One Bills Live, I think. I couldn't have been the only one with the same observation today, it was as bad as I've ever heard.

Fair enough. I’m not local, and I pay almost ZERO attention to the commentators on game days. People who annoy me.....I just avoid. The OP started a thread to whine, just not my style. If you are disappointed, that’s fair.  I suggest turning the dial. I’m wish he was better for you. 

When I was back for the opener las year I tried local sports radio. I don’t know who they were, but I flipped to music. 

I’m more disgusted with John Murphy. I listened to the game on SiriusXM. After all those years with Van, ya’d think some of it would have rubbed off and sunk in. I had no idea how much time was left nor where the yardlines were before plays and after any gains. He’s such a dud. No concept that he must paint the picture with his voice. He sounds like a dumbass hick watching the game with his bowling buddies. 

I feel for ya, WNY.

On 8/1/2019 at 8:18 PM, Talkin Proud said:

Man, out on the field that guy was all heart. Watching him play back in the Glory days, that boy could ball, he played 10x's his size

Tasker earns a lifetime thumbs up from me, two thumbs ups. 

....agreed.....but yet ANOTHER Tasker hate thread......go figure.....

6 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

It’s almost like Murph is told to purposely disagree with Tasker on almost all of his opinions. Feels very scripted to me. 

Well tasker is constantly uninformed and flat out wrong, like today when he said we signed Christian Wade. He’s hard to agree with, unless you’re totally uninformed. 

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Not sure if anyone caught it but yesterday the OBL producer put Murphs mic on too early coming out of the break and I got a good listen in as Murph said "They dont give an s***"  was very weird hearing Murph hit a swear blast.

haha. Wonder who he was talking about.  The WGR listeners?

• Like (+1) 1