Tasker is terrible

14 hours ago, WIDE LEFT said:

I loved him as a player but he is a historic mess on the Murphy show. He is incapable of asking a concise question, that is, a question that doesn’t include all of his long winded opinions on a topic. He has no idea about what it means to have a guest on the show. Today he had Daniel Jeremiah from NFL network on the show. Steve would not SHUTUP. Never asked a question, just gave his long winded opinion on everything. Talked longer than the guest. For not the first time. . Hey Steve, you have three hours there to give the listeners your takes, when you have a guest on, let them talk;  and shut the f up for a change.

Don't listen then

This post is a little harsh--I enjoy listening to his insights--but I would agree Tasker is an awful interviewer from any objective standard. He pretty much answers his own question every time, prodding his source. So frustrating. Just ask your damn question already, shut the f up, and follow-up if need-be. 

Someone really needs to talk to the guy about basic interview skills. 

17 hours ago, WIDE LEFT said:

I am fascinated by the people who have no takes, other than to police the board to insure that a topic may or may have not been addressed at some point in the distant past. Like we all of time to scour the board to make sure some topic wasn’t covered before.

I am also annoyed when someone has to point out this topic has been discussed already ...who cares

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Why all the Murph and Tasker hate?  If I need an afternoon siesta it's my go to station.

..think Tasker tries too hard at times not to sound like a homer.....pretty neat that he as well as several other Bills decided to make Buffalo their home post retirement and remain active in the community....

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, WIDE LEFT said:

I am fascinated by the people who have no takes, other than to police the board to insure that a topic may or may have not been addressed at some point in the distant past. Like we all of time to scour the board to make sure some topic wasn’t covered before.

Then let's say you're easily fascinated.

Image result for cat laser pointer gif

Anyway....The most recent other Tasker Sucks thread was May.  Unless you have the life span of a western honey bee, that wasn't "the distant past".

Before that there was one in February.

"We all of time" to use the "Search" function....

18 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I think our poor, beloved Steve Tasker has some drain bamage that impacts his communication/thought processes.  He’s absolutely brutal.

16 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Is it too early to start a thread titled "Ralph Is Cheap"?

It all adds up.

Ralph didn’t buy tasker a good kelso helmet..... cheap..... Now he’s damaged goods and his radio gig is Inept. 

We never figured this this out in the other tasker sucks at talking threads... so it’s a win for the board?

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

It all adds up.

Ralph didn’t buy tasker a good kelso helmet..... cheap..... Now he’s damaged goods and his radio gig is Inept. 

We never figured this this out in the other tasker sucks at talking threads... so it’s a win for the board?

I feel bad for blasting Tasker as I am a huge fan, but (IMO) he is just brutal calling games and on the radio.  Did we need to reinforce this once again?  Probably not.  I respect your point here.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..think Tasker tries too hard at times not to sound like a homer.....pretty neat that he as well as several other Bills decided to make Buffalo their home post retirement and remain active in the community....

His son played ice hockey with my son...nice fella..didn't curse and never acted superior.

He blended in..

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

Do we really need a NEW thread about this every week or two?

THANK YOU!!!

I gotta tell ya, guys, making a weekly thread about ‘Schlop’ & Tasker’s announcing gigs isn’t a good ‘look’ for you. I doubt there’s a sports fan anywhere in the Country who doesn’t acknowledge Buffalo has very bad sports personalities. Bottom of the Barrel bad. Has been since Azar left & Van retired.

There’s this newfangled thing called the internet. Try it. You’ll like it.

I don't get all the hate for Tasker around here.  OK, he's not very good at broadcasting.

Who the hell cares? He's not a broadcaster, he's a football player, and he was an unbelievable one.

His contributions to the Superbowl teams were huge and many.

What a clutch, impact, superstar of a player.

Maybe all the criticism comes from kids who never saw him play?