Andrew Luck excuse thread 2019

“The news of the morning brings sorrow to myself and my squadron.  We must not be weak in this adverse situation but must persevere on.  If I cannot make it on the battlefield in our first conflict, I have utmost confidence in Lieutenant Brissett.  The men with Lightning Bolts on their war helmets are burdensome but my men will be prepared.”  

- Captain Andrew Luck

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/1/2019 at 6:44 PM, LSHMEAB said:

Andrew Luck is 53-33 as a starter with 4 playoff appearances in 6 seasons(I think). He's won at least one playoff game in 3/4 appearances. He's thrown for over 4000 yards in all but one FULL season and averaged over 30 TD'S/year. Also has 14 career rushing TD's.

I have absolutely no idea what this thread is supposed to mean.

It basically means we haven't had a QB worth a ***** in a generation.

• Haha (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

My first thought was the Captain Andrew Luck twitter feed. I'm gonna miss that in a big way.

4mer was a 2nd thought. I won't miss that crusade.

I sure as hell will not miss the Captain Andrew Luck twitter feed, but I will miss this crusade. :(

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Never in any of these threads have I said Andrew Luck was a bad dude in any way.  Contrary to what some may think, I have always liked him.  I feel really bad for him having to retire.

He pretty much said he has lost the love of the game.  He isn't the first and won't be the last.  He deserves a lot of credit for not milking paychecks which he clearly could have done.  He said his love waned as he continuously battled injuries.  I have no doubt that was part of it.  The lifelong grooming and overblown expectations couldn't have helped either.

He will probably do very well in some profession whether inside football or not.  

• Like (+1) 1