Andrew Luck excuse thread 2019

Kim Jung QB won't be participating when the Colts visit OP next week because he is dinged up.  It doesn't look like anything too serious though and he should be ready to start the season.

When 2018 ended for the greatest prospect in football history it was at the hands of a legendary Chiefs defense who got hot at the right time.  Boy were they awesome.  This was unfortunate for Luck because the Chiefs D was really bad almost every week in 2018 and bad again in the AFCCG the very next week.  They really didn't stop anyone but the Colts all year.  It's another in a long list of anamolies that have kept KJQB's greatness from producing actual results.

Without question, like in previous years, anything that goes wrong for the Colts this year will not be Luck's fault.  This thread can be used to document what goes wrong.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

OP is mad because we didn't "suck for Luck" and instead went 6-10 with the ridiculous hope that the middling Fitzpatrick could be a top tier quarterback.  I kind of agree with him.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Kim Jung QB won't be participating when the Colts visit OP next week because he is dinged up.  It doesn't look like anything too serious though and he should be ready to start the season.

When 2018 ended for the greatest prospect in football history it was at the hands of a legendary Chiefs defense who got hot at the right time.  Boy were they awesome.  This was unfortunate for Luck because the Chiefs D was really bad almost every week in 2018 and bad again in the AFCCG the very next week.  They really didn't stop anyone but the Colts all year.  It's another in a long list of anamolies that have kept KJQB's greatness from producing actual results.

Without question, like in previous years, anything that goes wrong for the Colts this year will not be Luck's fault.  This thread can be used to document what goes wrong.  

Did you write your post before or after you took your heroin shot? Weren't you warned about the perils of mixing in fentanyl? When in a stupor sometimes lucidity can be very elusive.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Andrew Luck is 53-33 as a starter with 4 playoff appearances in 6 seasons(I think). He's won at least one playoff game in 3/4 appearances. He's thrown for over 4000 yards in all but one FULL season and averaged over 30 TD'S/year. Also has 14 career rushing TD's.

I have absolutely no idea what this thread is supposed to mean.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Andrew Luck is 53-33 as a starter with 4 playoff appearances in 6 seasons(I think). He's won at least one playoff game in 3/4 appearances. He's thrown for over 4000 yards in all but one FULL season and averaged over 30 TD'S/year. Also has 14 career rushing TD's.

I have absolutely no idea what this thread is supposed to mean.

From some of these responses it sounds like the OP has a history here of some fun stuff. What I think he means is why can't a player with the stats you mentioned elevate his team to the next level (Super Bowl). Reality is, most people don't put Luck in elite status anymore and those are really the only ones that could do it eventually by themselves. For the 99% of the rest of the situations you need a complete team. Luck is getting closer and it still might not be enough. It wasn't for the Bills at a much higher level.  I will agree, I do think Luck does have some choke in his game. I would think with a more complete team they should have a group that could go to the Super Bowl. I just don't think he will ever get there, more of a feeling than stats with that.  

Edited by KzooMike

Just now, KzooMike said:

From some of these responses it sounds like the OP has a history here of some fun stuff. What I think he means is why can't a player with the stats you mentioned elevate his team to the next level (Super Bowl). Reality is, most people don't put Luck in elite status anymore and those are really the only ones that could do it eventually by themselves. For the 99% of the rest of the situations you need a complete team. Luck is getting closer and it still might not be enough. It wasn't for the Bills at a much higher level.  I will agree, I do think Luck does have some choke in his game. I would think with a more complete team they should have a group to go the Super Bowl. I just don't think he will ever get there. Maybe AFC Championship.  

He hasn't reached elite status, but he's also never had a particularly strong team around him. He hasn't quite lived up to the hype, but he's a top notch QB. What this has to do with the Bills is beyond me. I actually like around the league threads, but this is a total reach and seems odd. He's clearly not a bust. He's had some injuries that have derailed his ascent. I just don't see a story here.

• Like (+1) 3