Jets desperate at C, bring Ryan Kalil out of retirement (update: not going well)

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah it's probably half that guaranteed. But once he starts they are probably not going to bench him and put another guy in there no matter how poorly he grades or plays, so his incentives, most of which will be snaps/games started/played, will be reachable. Then there is pro bowl and team reaching playoffs stuff.

1 hour ago, eball said:

Who knows, it could work out for them, but I don't think you'd call it better than a 50/50 proposition.

This really does tell you how concerned the Jests are about the position.

Ya the local media here was very harsh on the Jets F.O for not addressing OL in FA , especially C. They wanted , actually expected Morse or Paradias. They're very thin at OL all around.

Which is why I think Bell is not going to have close to the impact he had on Pitt with the best OL in the game and a top 5 WR. 

19 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

They are paying him up to $8m according to Rap. Yikes for hikes..

I love the dysfunction.

Gase was apparently upset at the contract amounts they gave out without upgrading OL. According to local media 

• Like (+1) 1

He will be right back into retirement like three games into the season once his body tells him why he retired the first time. 

These guys who announce....and come back never seem to stick around.  Is Brett Favre the anomaly?   

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

You're exactly correct.  He is well past his effective playing days.  This certainly provides some significant insight into the desperate mess that is the JETS.  I'm curious to see how much they had to pay him to play.

Up to $8.4m counting incentives. Don't think the figures on bonus, salary, incentives have been released yet. I would imagine it's at least 4m to sign and guarantee and maybe 5. 

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I don't think Jets line will be good by any means but awful? Nah.

They have some really good skill players so I expect them to have a pretty prolific passing offense. Still going with my prediction of 10 wins for them. 

Has it ever occurred to you that you do for the Jets what you belittle most Bills fans for doing for their favorite team?

Think about it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Jets get a C for probably $4 or $5 M this year and dont have to give up any draft picks or sign a guy who will count against them in compensatory formula.

Not bad on the Jets part.

To all the Bills fans.....keep in mind the Bills are paying Morse $19M in cash this year.  Hes currently sitting out pf practice with his 3rd or 4th concussion injury.

Which move looks more responsible to you?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Up to $8.4m counting incentives. Don't think the figures on bonus, salary, incentives have been released yet. I would imagine it's at least 4m to sign and guarantee and maybe 5. 

Not a bad payday for a guy that planned to walk away from the game.  Thanks for providing all of us with the information.

3 hours ago, Estro said:

Jets get a C for probably $4 or $5 M this year and dont have to give up any draft picks or sign a guy who will count against them in compensatory formula.

Not bad on the Jets part.

To all the Bills fans.....keep in mind the Bills are paying Morse $19M in cash this year.  Hes currently sitting out pf practice with his 3rd or 4th concussion injury.

Which move looks more responsible to you?

This, unfortunately.