Why the Bills Suck 2019

"....You are being rebuilt to be mediocre with DIGNITY. McDermott and GM Brandon Beane are very Serious Football Men who want other Serious Football Men to notice them doing Serious Football things. McDermott will get half a dozen fluff pieces written about the “program” he’s trying to create, even when the Bills are 2-6. ...""

Hopefully this is parody and not prophecy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, chris heff said:

I just liked the use of “pork roast”.

I just like pork roast...

In all honesty a few good jabs, well deserved. But a lot of venom that went well beyond the football team, and this is not funny at all.

Playing on 'hot takes from 2013', mocking a much needed tear down that happened the year before, playing up the debunked racist card about Josh Allen, etc is tired and just wrong. Multiple insults hurled to the good people of WNY is not funny or journalism.

So all people in WNY are racist drunks? That is what I got from this piece. It's not funny, not focused on football and shows a solid level of ignorance.

Hilarious /s

There was so much football team material to choose from. Nate Peterman is a gold mine and this treatment was pyrite, Matt Barkley having a 'resurrection' from the witness protection program in the Meadowlands, real treatment of the Vontae Davis incident, Richie Incognito going nuts after playing for the Bills, the AARP RB combo, the special teams being 'special', two of the best 'break out' players last year being UDFAs (Foster and Wallace), Heck Robert Foster being cut-signed by no one and then being Buffalo's second best WR is gold, the O-line play from last year, signing no top end FA's and the Antonio Brown incident could have been much better, the smurfs at WR even after John Brown and Cole Beasley were signed, etc etc.

But his went back to attacking the good people of WNY. I grew up in the Rochester metro. I moved away many times. WNY is not my 'ideal home'. I lived in Philly and Boston for a total of 12 years.

At times I feel connected and at other times I don't. Every time I come back for family, I'm a little disappointed, a little hope filled. People here are genuinely good people, and Buffalo, Rochester etc are doing pretty well in an attempt to rebuild. They are much better off than cities outside of Philly and Boston and a lot of other rust belt areas I have seen.

This felt like a horrible hit piece. Where the author could have attacked the Bills, he attacked many of us, our homes, or where we have roots.

Pieces like this are not good for our communities.

If it was football, NFL and Bills related I would have enjoyed the football hits more, but this went populace many times.

This felt like ignorant hate and I do not like it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, eball said:

Man, I usually look forward to these for a good laugh, but the Bills one just isn't funny.  Ok, make fun of Peterman, make fun of "the process", and make fun of Buffalo itself.

He's running out of ideas.

For sure. Honestly I’d bet Magary doesn’t even want to do these anymore, but annually it’s like Deadspin’s most popular series, so they basically beg him to keep it going for the clicks.

I don't care about the presence of political commentary occasionally weaved into something like this, but the number and nature of the political jabs in these this season just feels forced and a tad desperate or something. Not particularly clever. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Trying to step aside, I really felt it was pretty mediocre laced with occasional spurts of just mean 

Deadspin is capable of better.  I was expecting better.  This read as though it were written by a couple of posters here whom I shall not name.

So yeah, I guess the Bills have reached meta-irrelevancy zeitgeist where even the satire is mediocre

I usually look forward to reading comical snark. However,  this year their efforts sucked and ended up trash.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Hard to keep the concept fresh in general, but in the author’s defense, not much has really changed here in 20 years besides the names.

Its even harder in a time where satire isn’t cutting it anymore. It’s been artfully replaced by reality.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1