Why the Bills Suck 2019

Watching the Bills every year is like bearing witness to an isolated tribe living in the Aleutian island chain, where kids trek to school in snowshoes and their parents swill paint thinner while carving tally marks into a nearby wooden plank with a bowie knife to count down the days until it’s time to reconvene with the Lord. The Bills are a portrait of despair. I don’t even like thinking about them. I was in coma for two weeks last winter and the nicest thing about it was that I never once thought of the Bills. Now I’m alive again and just the IDEA of the Bills still existing makes me yearn to be eaten by a frost bear and sent back into the great blackness, where all is quiet and Cole Beasley doesn’t exist.”

640.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

Clicking on this thread I was hoping for a good laugh, because you know, funny is as funny does, but noooooo,  not even funny.... disappointed, guess i’ll Get. Myself a beer ? 

Go Bills!!!

This was better than the last two years, but it was still not as great as when the series first came out. Maybe it's just because it's nothing we don't already say to/about ourselves already. We get overhyped, we break tables, and the team is usually mediocre. The city is cold. Just the same jokes retreaded.

This fan comment made me laugh though. 

"F**k Sean McDermott’s phony, psalm-spewing, flag-humping, troop-sniffing, Ron Howard-looking ass. All of his ginger mean mugs and aggressive clapping do not impress Bill Belichick."

Man, I usually look forward to these for a good laugh, but the Bills one just isn't funny.  Ok, make fun of Peterman, make fun of "the process", and make fun of Buffalo itself.

He's running out of ideas.

There were some great jabs in there, and the fan submissions were fun. Magary is losing some of his edge, though. Maybe it's just kind of run it's course, like any other act.

Edited by sodbuster

4 minutes ago, sodbuster said:

There were some great jabs in there, and the fan submissions were fun. Magary is losing some of his edge, though. Maybe it's just kind of run it's course, like any other act.

I wonder if he actually wrote this one, or if he had someone else do it. Because the others before it were pretty good. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Hard to keep the concept fresh in general, but in the author’s defense, not much has really changed here in 20 years besides the names.

Exactly. My buddy who is a giants fan loves this year’s edition because the giants have given guys like Magary a LOT of ammo lately. 

• Like (+1) 1