YoloinOhio

Ed Oliver: “I can’t touch Aaron Donald with a 10-ft pole”

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I dont know I figure me and Simms will have to get him pretty drunk to find out.😎

Yes or Oliver may send Josh to IR

Allen better not drink too much. The emergence of Patrick Mahomes and his sick performance last year has raised the bar and has certainly put additional pressure on other young quarterbacks to perform. I Don't mean throwing balls out of stadiums either!

Edited by Rocket94

34 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Allen better not drink too much. The emergence of Patrick Mahomes and his sick performance last year has raised the bar and has certainly put additional pressure on other young quarterbacks to perform. I Don't mean throwing balls out of stadiums either!

It took Drew Brees til his 4th season to put it together.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Does anyone here really think that Allen is going to be a fully polished player by the end of year two?

I say this as a fan of his and I honestly think we've seen improvement this training camp, but I don't think we are going to see his best this year.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Does anyone here really think that Allen is going to be a fully polished player by the end of year two?

I say this as a fan of his and I honestly think we've seen improvement this training camp, but I don't think we are going to see his best this year.

No not at all. In the near future we will. Allen is young and learning the pro game. Allen is in his apprenticeship.

Great answer by Ed! Being Humble and going to work. Hopefully he can get close to what Donald has become as a dominant NFL player. I think he will. 

• Like (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

All I'm looking/hoping for is "better."

I think Beane still has work to do, as far as surrounding Allen with the proper amount of legitimate talent.  I think (hope) that Allen WILL have better talent around him this year; and that Allen WILL be better this year.

But I do agree that Allen at his best is still at least a year away ... via his own growth and the level of talent around him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rocket94 said:

One of the greatest seasons by a QB in history, regardless of number of years in the league, is now the barometer for all second year QBs? Prepare for some disappointment.  Mahomes himself will be hard pressed to repeat last year’s performance in KC with all those weapons and Andy Reid calling plays, let alone second year QBs with no where near as good supporting casts. 

Allen could fall well short of Mahomes’s performance last year and still have a helluva good year. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, K-9 said:

One of the greatest seasons by a QB in history, regardless of number of years in the league, is now the barometer for all second year QBs? Prepare for some disappointment.  Mahomes himself will be hard pressed to repeat last year’s performance in KC with all those weapons and Andy Reid calling plays, let alone second year QBs with no where near as good supporting casts. 

Allen could fall well short of Mahomes’s performance last year and still have a helluva good year. 

Yes, of course Allen can. I expect good things from him. I was obviously using Mahomes as an example of how fast a QB can evolve in today's game. Success can be measured on an individual's circumstances and the organization/team that he plays on as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/2/2019 at 10:03 AM, eball said:

Ed's comment raises an interesting question:  how many people actually own 10-ft poles?  And why are they 10 feet?  Is it the decimal system?

I have two fifteen-foot poles, and I am willing to touch anyone with them. I usually just clean the pool with them though.

• Haha (+1) 1

As long as he can get both hands on Brady multiple times per game I'll be happy.

• Like (+1) 1

Whether he’s genuine or has been coached on media handling, I like it.   I’ve been a fan since he got drafted and looked so excited.  Since then he is definitely doing it right!

On 8/2/2019 at 9:31 AM, Fan in Chicago said:

Looking at the best's every snap from last year, being early to the practice field, learning from Kyle, posting humbly..... I love it. 

I am glad Kyle is taking time to teach the next generation.

On 8/1/2019 at 1:52 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Good humble answer (really the only answer, but you know how some of these guys egos are) and love that he is studying him so closely 

Oliver has been a terror this week at camp 

I know. Don't you just love this guy!