Ed Oliver: “I can’t touch Aaron Donald with a 10-ft pole”

Really looking forward to seeing this guy play and grow into everything he was in college and more. If Murphy and/or Shaq has a good year, we're in business.

8 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

Ok Ed...You are probably seeing Donald in your sleep after all of the comparisons. Just stay humble. If your game is even close to his...we will take it.

Why stop there? The sky's the limit for this guy. I'll start clipping his wings if and when he comes up short. Until then I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Good humble answer (really the only answer, but you know how some of these guys egos are) and love that he is studying him so closely 

Oliver has been a terror this week at camp 

Yup. A lot to like in that text, that he's studying Donald and that he knows he's a rookie and needs to talk like it.

I was so hoping he'd fall to 9th.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know if he’s humble. He didn’t seem like it in the embedded series. But McDermott is trying his best to humble him.

Yeah, many have posted about McDermott working to humble Oliver....but I have wondered if it is as much about bolstering Phillips' ego as it is about keeping Oliver's in check.  Remember, Phillips felt out of favor with the Dolphins after run-ins with his coach...because he felt unappreciated.  Maybe McDermott doesn't want him to think he is just getting thrown aside once the Bills have their new toy.  Even if he eventually is a backup, it might help his ego to feel he was seriously considered as a starter.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Really looking forward to seeing this guy play and grow into everything he was in college and more. If Murphy and/or Shaq has a good year, we're in business.

Why stop there? The sky's the limit for this guy. I'll start clipping his wings if and when he comes up short. Until then I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

It looks like Oliver is starting to tear up camp. Whatever Edmunds said to him seems to have lit a fire under his ass. I believe that he will have an impact and be disruptive this year!

Edited by Rocket94

19 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Good humble answer (really the only answer, but you know how some of these guys egos are) and love that he is studying him so closely 

Oliver has been a terror this week at camp 

Looking at the best's every snap from last year, being early to the practice field, learning from Kyle, posting humbly..... I love it. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Well thats different.  Everyone else is seeing Josh Allen.  Especially Chris Simms.?

I like Chris Simms and his outside the box analysis. He has a nice non linear approach that explores all of a players strengths. Yeah, Simms raves about Allen where others do not. Look what he said about Vosean Joseph...he basically grouped him with the two Devins pre draft time.

3 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

I like Chris Simms and his outside the box analysis. He has a nice non linear approach that explores all of a players strengths. Yeah, Simms raves about Allen where others do not. Look what he said about Vosean Joseph...he basically grouped him with the two Devins pre draft time.

I see JA in my dreams as well.?

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well he hasn't done anything and he's a rookie so yea he has a long way to go

He is a better run stuffer than pass rusher rn so it be crazy to think he will be Donald like out the gate

Well I wouldn't say he is a better run stuffer... Most people think he is a better pass rusher but just hasn't been given much of the opportunity yet playing out of position at the college level.

55 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Well I wouldn't say he is a better run stuffer... Most people think he is a better pass rusher but just hasn't been given much of the opportunity yet playing out of position at the college level.

He only played 1 full  year of nose tackle in college. His first 2 years he was all over the line. They would stunt him around the end

His biggest weakness is his hand technique which is directly related to pass rushing. He was top 10 multiple times in college for stuffing runs behind the line of scrimmage

People think because he's 290 he can't stop the run but that's his specialty after re watching his college games

He has a good amount to go to become a 12 sacks guy,( which he can become) but he will be shutting down backside runs all year

Edited by Buffalo716