Frank Gore never contemplated retirement

WhoTom

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Gotta see how the season goes.  Gore is at that age where he could break down after 4 games.  And if people wanted to pay me millions and I was healthy, I’d keep playing too.

Gore’s career is so funny.  He’s not a HOF but he is going to have amazing career numbers.  He also used to get hurt all the team and now he never does.  It’s so strange but awesome for him. 

He's gonna go to the HoF

14 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

This HOF argument kinda reminds me of Emmitt Smith. He's not a RB I would pick over many. He never looked like the best in the league to me. But he lasted a really long time and got the rushing title. He was obviously a great RB.

I get what you’re saying but Smith is at completely different level than Gore.  Smith, who may be overrated, is an all time great rb.  

11 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

This HOF argument kinda reminds me of Emmitt Smith. He's not a RB I would pick over many. He never looked like the best in the league to me. But he lasted a really long time and got the rushing title. He was obviously a great RB.

But Emmitt Smith was a good actor and channeled Redd Foxx.  Every time the Cowpokes needed a break he would be injured and acted like he was dying and would not be able to finish play.  Two plays later he would be back in.

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

He's gonna go to the HoF

Then the HOF is getting completely watered down. Is Matt Stafford a HOFer?  Because he plays long enough, he will have crazy passing yards.  

Im absolutely amazed how many people here think Gore is a lock for the HOF.  Y’all need to raise your standards.  Dude has never even had an all pro or rushing title.  

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I agree on his longevity but that belongs in a place for the greatest players in the history of the game? Did you ever watch Gore and think HOFer?  I never did.  He was a solid to good rb for a long time but he never jumped off the screen.  McCoy did that.  That’s what the HOF should be.  

So your argument for HOF status is purely qualitative then? 

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Then the HOF is getting completely watered down. Is Matt Stafford a HOFer?  Because he plays long enough, he will have crazy passing yards.  

Im absolutely amazed how many people here think Gore is a lock for the HOF.  Y’all need to raise your standards.  Dude has never even had an all pro or rushing title.  

Longevity with consistent production is definitely a part of it

He has 9 1000 yard seasons. With around 4 thousand receiving yards

Good backs don't even get that or really good backs

He isn't a 1st ballot HoF but he definitely is getting in

Edited by Buffalo716

36 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

He played a LOOOOONG time, and so often behind an OLine that might have been the best in the league. He never made me say “WOW”, merely steady. 

8 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That’s why HOFs are corny now then.  It would be like Harold Baines getting in baseball. Again, very good player but I think your resume should be better than 5 pro bowls in 14 years, 0 all pros, and 0 rushing titles. 

All retired RBs in the top 16 all time yards rushing are in the HOF.

Gore will probably end up 3rd all time and AP is currently #8.

He will be in the HOF.

Let's hope he goes in as a Bill like this years Falcon TE.

LOL

16 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I compare Gore to Curtis Martin. While Martin did attain All-Pro, he wasn’t a wow guy. Just kept cranking out 1,000 yards on a forever basis. Regardless of my opinion on whether or not he belongs in the HoF, Gore will probably get into the HoF. Maybe not first ballot, but after the memories fade a bit and folks go back to stats... While Gore was never 1st team AP, he did make the 2nd team and was a 5x pro bowler earlier in his career. That coupled with his career stats means he’ll likely get a bust and a jacket. 

Also, I agree 100% on Stafford. I think he’ll be foiled because he’s viewed as a losing QB though. W’s and L’s carry extra weight there.