Bills Training Camp Day 7 - 8/1

6 minutes ago, eball said:

I'm telling you, Thad Brown is a bad follow.  I hate it when he is retweeted.  The new guy from ESPN is pretty solid.

It's head scratching how this guy actually puts in YARDAGE numbers.  How the hell does he come up with his numbers?  I mean some of the drills start at the 10 yard line so does it even make sense to reference "yardage"?  Or what happens when Allen hits Beasley on a 15 yard pass and the guy jukes his way past the tackler then cuts up field for what looks like a huge gain and the whistle blows?  Does Brown give Allen 15 yards or does he give him about 20 (when the whistle blows) or 65 yards which is what the play may have gained?

Statistics are dangerous in the hands of football writers. 

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

This is the 2nd clip I’ve watched where Shady was teasing Beasley about his size.

I’m sure he’s just having fun, but personally, I thought Shady came off as kind of a dick in both clips (but it’s hard to really judge without knowing what their relationship is like and how they usually interact, etc.)

Be careful what you wish for Shady...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

https://twitter.com/thadbrown7/status/1156970238006767616?

Perfect day to lay an egg, when NFLN is there.

That's perfect, if the Allen actually doe turn out to be a good qb, the naysayers will pile on that much more after today. Too much hype has been thrown around this team in the last couple weeks so this works fine.

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

First, who doesn't love Tre? :lol: 

Secondly, "it's been a long camp so far"... has it though? It's the 7th practice, not even two full weeks. Not a complaint, just an observation at how much NFL camp life has changed in just a decade. 

Noted earlier..but Tre said he grumpy cause he aint gettin none!

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's all part of the plan to remain under the radar and give our future opponents a false sense of security. 0:)

There's my conspiracy boy!!!!! If someone can find one..my money on DR!!!!?

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I was referring to comp% but yeah, 5 TDs is cool.

I agree with the initial statement and passing stats in practices.  

Hell I said the same thing the other day when he posted the same stats 

useless

Now, in 1 weeks time (plus 8 hours) we can complain about completion %  for his one or two drives to begin the game 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

https://twitter.com/thadbrown7/status/1156970238006767616?

Perfect day to lay an egg, when NFLN is there.

maybe they don't want to show out, in practice. same applies in preseason games. vanilla schemes, don't give away anything. either way, it gives (not you) the dark cloud gang something to talk about, when they don't do well, in practice.

Not in pads, doing redzone work is really more mental than anything else.  The stats dont matter.  1 int and some tipped passes are to be expected in practice.  Look forward to seeing them progress through the summer and preseason.  Looks like dawkins spain morse and ford are the lineman.  I think the best 5 is dawkins, spain morse ford Nyske.  Feliciano and Long are liabilities.

• Like (+1) 1

Random notes from camp today

- Snuck into the VIP area with our passes from yesterday :ph34r:  Was nice to see the familiar faces of our old friends Britt, Grandma Allen, and the rest of the Allen clan.  At least four bold young men on separate occasions summoned the courage to ask Britt for a selfie with them - that wasn't happening yesterday.  She nicely obliged, but can see how that would get old very fast.  I was thinking I'm not sure she'll be hanging out with the common people next year

- My man Towbridge showed up again with a one-hand grab during 1-1s, and overall still looking pretty nimble on pass routes.  Sweeney had a real nice (highly) contested grab that he won with pure will - to me Sweeney looks like he belongs (almost surprisingly so), and to me showed actual skill to run and catch the ball.  Milano had a great defensive rep stayed step for step down the field and broke up a nice pass - was an impressive bit of running/coverage.  Singletary still is not slow - dude can make moves and catch the ball

- Noticed today Leslie Frazier really works in the background - in contrast to Daboll and even most of the position coaches.  It took me a long while to even find him out on the field at one point.  Thought it was interesting in one red zone session McD was actually in the EZ behind the D coaching them the duration of the drill with Leslie nowhere to be found.  During 11-11 Frazier (after I finally spotted him) would stand on the sideline and call in plays with a walkie-talkie - assume he was communicating with Edmunds or whoever else was in at MLB at the time.  One of the assistants - think it was the safety coach - was they guy who was getting guys on and off  

- Shady had some burst today and was light on his feet - like $55K lighter <rimshot>

- Finally got the view I was waiting for all camp - Beasley and Singletary side by side.  It looked to be a draw height-wise - potentially Simgletary by a single hair.  Singletary looks to have like 30 lbs on him though.  When you just focus and look at Beasley when he is just standing around next to group of guys sometimes he honestly looks like a little kid out there

- Poyer really throws his body around - like all the time.  I was cringing sometimes like dude just take it easy and don't hurt yourself

- Trent Murphy and Lee Smith with no pads: they look like much skinnier versions of Tormond Giantsbane - and just as ancient

- Worst wardrobe choice goes to SillsV.  A lot of players were wearing shorts that had a wide red stripe on the lower back of each leg.  This dude for some reason cut off an amount of the lower front part of the shorts equal to the width of the stripe in the back to create some kind of ridiculous short-short front with big red stripe skirt in back - I guess to show off his skinny legs.  If there was any question before it's been cemented now - definitely not making the 53.  It's possible those shorts exempt him from the PS as well

- In two days watching live action Andre Roberts is now one of my favorite players.  I really hope he ultimately makes his way into the regular WR rotation come opening day

- My son drew from his pee wee football experience and alertly observed that Christian Wade had his hands the wrong way when he took a handoff near the goal line - think he subsequently corrected it

- Tried to watch Oliver a bit more - a few plays he burst in seemingly untouched.  So explosive.  Was very disruptive at times

- Especially at end of 11-11, similar to yesterday, defense just was dominant.  It wasn't just that - just in their body language on the field and sideline - you could tell they knew they were dominant.  Seemed so confident as a unit.  Have to believe some of the offensive struggles are due to the defense playing so damn good.  Looking forward to see how the offense looks against other team's D in the coming weeks

- Related to that, in last two days there were a number of plays that were being blown up or blown dead, and to me it seems there were times where Josh just threw it up at the end as if to say - well play is screwed so I'll just launch it - but not sure that is necessarily the best practice habit to get into to prepare for live action 

- Got pics of my son and Dad with Edmunds and Shady down in the Entitled Children area - both super nice

- Josh went over to the far corner of the EZ for NFL network interview.  We saw the long line of people that had gathered along that fence - then saw the people along the bleachers waiting for him - and knew if he ever did get back over by the tunnel it would take forever.  On the the way to the car I said to my son - you can see it's true, once you get big there are so many more distractions to deal with with media and fans all wanting a piece of you.  Then on the way home I heard someone actually asked about it in his PC.  He gave the "PC" answer -  but man just being there and seeing what he has to go through after a full practice - and no doubt he feels obligated as the face of the franchise - it's definitely got to wear on you if it isn't managed with care 

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6