Bills Training Camp Day 7 - 8/1

1 hour ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I love the fact that Oliver is getting all of that one on one time with Kyle. But I agree, I wonder how long he'll stick around without being on the payroll.  Maybe Pegula is paying him a consulting fee.

I don’t know. I think Kyle loves the game and I think this is a good way for him to transition from a player to something else around football. Kyle May be getting a consulting fee, but I believe he genuinely misses the game and the team. Kyle will be a great coach if he decides to go that direction or something in media. Kyle understands the game and players very well. He will shoot the players straight out there. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I didn't think there was a way to keep Nsekhe off the field.  Ford to guard is coming up...I feel it.

I never hated the Ford pick, especially in the 2nd, but I never felt the kid had quick enough feet to play NFL tackle. The position knowledge and physical strength attributes are there, but his ability to cover the edge rush to the outside worried me. Would love to see him start this year, and Guard may actually be where we can maximize his current skillset. We definitely wouldn't be settling for Nsekhe at RT - I think we'd see consistent, noticeable improvement on the right side with those two. 

• Like (+1) 2

Great interviews on NFLN with Gore and Allen. I did not realize Allen grew up a Niners fan and had multiple Gore jerseys.  It is so cool that he nows gets to hand him the ball.

A  couple of interesting moments (paraphrased):

Asked Gore how he will help Allen this year. He said when he hands me the ball I will put him in 2nd and short situations.  :)

Gore said he loves how much Allen loves the game and thinks he will be "great"

Gore said "if the Bills want me back next year, I will play for them again"

They asked Allen what he thought about Oliver and he started with "Well, I have this bruise on my leg..."

Said he is a gunslinger at heart but he is learning to take what the Defense gives him

Said he and Darnold have a "friendly rivalry" and joked about beatring him in golf etc...

They asked if he could out throw Mahomes and he handled it very well. He basically said we both think no one can throw it further than ourselves and maybe some day in the off-season we will find out.

Both great interviews, but Allen really carries himself well and will be a great representative of our Bills for years to come.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, mrags said:

Or Dawkins to guard and Nsekhe and Ford at T

By all reports Dawkins is playing well at tackle in camp while Ford is struggling. This doesnt make much sense if you want to maximize talents this year. Only problem is if we eventually want Ford at tackle itll be another tough learning curve for him next season if he spends this entire year at guard.

39 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The batted balls thing is weird. Seems like Josh is playing OK but not great. This is what im preparing that we get from Josh this season. Some real strikes but also some bad misses in every game. Overall solid play, especially when you factor in his running ability. But he will rarely light up the stat sheet. Although I do know hes had better days then today.

Edited by jletha

Can’t say enough about how well Josh handles himself, the role and job. Remains to be seen how he plays in real games, although I’m optimistic. He’s going to be beloved though and for all the right reasons. What a tremendous combination of talent, drive, confidence, humility and personality. Hard to find. Do it on the field, Josh. 

• Like (+1) 6

Oliver was just interviewed. He was way more humble than I expected:

Asked about Williams he said "He is like a big box of cheat codes and he just gives 'em to you for free!"

Asked about Aaron Donald comparison he said "I couldn't touch Aaron Donald with a ten foot pole right now"

Laughed about getting "kicked out of practice" for hitting Allen. Said he knew it would be a matter of time before he "popped his cherry" but he will try not to do it again cause they need Allen to win. Also said his college coach told him it would happen when he got to the pros.

Loves Frank Gore. Said he is "OG for real" said he constantly watches him to see how he prepares.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, jletha said:

By all reports Dawkins is playing well at tackle in camp while Ford is struggling. This doesnt make much sense if you want to maximize talents this year. Only problem is if we eventually want Ford at tackle itll be another tough learning curve for him next season if he spends this entire year at guard.

For perspective, in 1986 Bills played their newly drafted LT Will Wolford, picked in Rd 1 with the 20th pick, at RG for the entire season next to Joe Devlin, a 10 year vet, at RT.  

And Bobby Johnson did take an Indy draft pick, Braden Smith, initially thought to be only a G in NFL and made him their starting RT for most of last season.  Time will tell with Ford.

Edited by freddyjj
mistake
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dneveu said:

He has a niche - is a solid pass catcher and a pretty good blocker.  Depends where singletary is at with blocking (i suspect hes bad at it).  Carry 4 - with 2-3 active on gamedays.  

One of the early camp reports praised Singletary's blocking... I would have assumed he would block like most RBs out of college...somewhere between pathetic and non-existent.

The kid is turning heads in a good way.

• Like (+1) 6

6 minutes ago, CNY315 said:

Edmunds coming up on NFLNetwork

Decent interview but didn't say a lot

Said game slowing down a lot for him this year

They asked if he would blitz more this year but he deflected and wouldn't answer. Said he will do whatever the coaches ask him to do.

Asked if he follows the other LB's from his draft class and he said "Not really, I'm just focussed on what we're doing here"

Asked about how focussed team is on Patriots* he said 'We just prepare game to game for whoever we play next"

said he is excited to play against the Steelers and his brothers.

• Like (+1) 3